Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 3:21:30 PM EDT
I'm a CompE over at the University of Illinois... here's the problem, hopefully someone can help...

I have the implement the following three functions using only three 4x1 MUXs and an inverter(optional).

F(x,y,z)=AND(M1,M4,M6)
G(x,y,z)=OR(m1,m3,m5)
Z(x,y,z)=x XOR z

Note: S1S0 of the MUXes must be y and z.

Thanks for any help at all.

Oh, I also need to implement the same functions using only a ROM for another part of the problem, and another part of the problem calls for implementing the same fucntions using a PLA with four product terms(no other components avialable).  Thanks alot nerds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Remind me again why we should be doing YOUR homework - especially after insulting us?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you own fucking homework. If you can't, accept the F.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll make a great engineer.

Do the world a favor and change your major to psychology.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you own fucking homework. If you can't, accept the F.

+1.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I get the g and h outputs, but I can't get f.... I've implemented the same damn circuit four times and its still not coming to me...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I get the g and h outputs, but I can't get f.... I've implemented the same damn circuit four times and its still not coming to me...

How about thinking about it instead of looking for a freebie online.

Nice engineering skills, asshole.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Explain to us how you got accepted into one of the best engineering programs in the country and cannot do this stuff?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With all due respect go fuck yourself...  I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT... for the last fucking three hours, this is a long shot I know, I've tried calling a bunch of people I know in the same class and we all have the same fucking problem.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#9]
HAY GUYS IM STUCK IN THE BACK OF THE AMBULANCE AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE DRIP RATE FOR DOPAMINE, CAN ANYONE HELP A BROTHA OUT?????
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Explain to us how you got accepted into one of the best engineering programs in the country and cannot do this stuff?

1570 SAT... and I know I'm probably doing something stupid and not getting this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With all due respect go fuck yourself...  I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT... for the last fucking three hours, this is a long shot I know, I've tried calling a bunch of people I know in the same class and we all have the same fucking problem.

Then ask the teacher for help outside of class. Quit looking for someone to give you free answers. Go to a study group, talk to the teacher, the TA, etc.

With no respect intended, eat shit and die.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
+1.

One of the biggest universities in Illinois and you can't do your homework

I should go to school tomorrow(I go to community college, Moraine Valley specifically) and maybe I should ask the engineering students if they can do their homework.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then ask the teacher for help outside of class. Quit looking for someone to give you free answers. Go to a study group, talk to the teacher, the TA, etc.

I goto fricken review sessions every week thursdays 5-6:30 and I understand what I need to do to get this, I'm looking for a hint, anything... I just can't get this, I'm fucking stuck and frustrated.  The jealously coming from some people on this board is hilarious though...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I goto fricken review sessions every week thursdays 5-6:30 and I understand what I need to do to get this, I'm looking for a hint, anything... I just can't get this, I'm fucking stuck and frustrated.  The jealously coming from some people on this board is hilarious though...

You need to jack off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
EUREKA!!!! I GOT IT OMFG!!!!  STUPID FUCKING MUXES!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
+1.

I should go to school tomorrow(I go to community college, Moraine Valley specifically) and maybe I should ask the engineering students if they can do their homework.  

because their homework is so intensive I'm sure...

LOL community college engineering... "this is a wire people... say it with me... WIIIIIREE."
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
You know someone could give you the wrong answer and you wouldn't even know it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No i got it
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
+1.

How is Moron Valley anyways?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Why would anyone be jealous of you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
HAY GUYS IM STUCK IN THE BACK OF THE AMBULANCE AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE DRIP RATE FOR DOPAMINE, CAN ANYONE HELP A BROTHA OUT?????

Dude, you made me mess up my monitor...  Too funny.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey give him some slack....in the real world engineers look shit up all the time, and ask others for help.  My father is an engineer and I was doing engineering work last summer so I know.  but I can't help with your problem because my field is mechanical engineering
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No i got it

Now don't you feel proud that YOU came up with the answer, rather than it being handed to you?

Pat yourself on the back, and go find a co-ed....
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
EUREKA!!!! I GOT IT OMFG!!!!  STUPID FUCKING MUXES!!!

Yea... those fucking MUXES, Double-Ought MUXES, Niner-Five-Deuce MUXES, and KockSchpeel

MUXES will get you every time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1.

How is Moron Valley anyways?

Very good actually...thanks for asking.  I love it here.  You can't beat a school that's close to home(I live 1.8 miles away), cheap, and has good classes and profs to boot.

IIRC fellow IL crew member CKmorley went there, and he can attest to how good it is.  

As far as how intensive the classes are, I can't comment on engineering, but the thing you gotta realize is that community colleges aren't stupid, neither are the students that go there.  It's actually a good alternative to shipping yourself away.  I'd reccomend it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Illinigunner, what part of IL are you from?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No i got it

Well post your solution and we can check it for you to make sure you are right.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jealousy?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Last time this type situation arose for me, I ended up getting a wedgie.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm a CompE over at the University of Illinois... here's the problem, hopefully someone can help...

I have the implement the following three functions using only three 4x1 MUXs and an inverter(optional).

F(x,y,z)=AND(M1,M4,M6)
G(x,y,z)=OR(m1,m3,m5)
Z(x,y,z)=x XOR z

Note: S1S0 of the MUXes must be y and z.

Thanks for any help at all.

Oh, I also need to implement the same functions using only a ROM for another part of the problem, and another part of the problem calls for implementing the same fucntions using a PLA with four product terms(no other components avialable).  Thanks alot nerds.

Dude, if you can't do this problem you would never pass an interview that I gave you.
This is intro to digital logic level.  You better shoot for management.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#31]
^ That is what I was thinking. I can do it and i'm only and EE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hey give him some slack....in the real world engineers look shit up all the time, and ask others for help.  My father is an engineer and I was doing engineering work last summer so I know.  but I can't help with your problem because my field is mechanical engineering

College isn't the real world. We all have to function within the parameters dictated to us.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

College isn't the real world. We all have to function within the parameters dictated to us.

+1.  Looking shit up because you dont' know what your doinig and not remembering a delay for a part or some shit is completely different.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#34]
THE ANSWER IS  42
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Looking shit up because you dont' know what your doinig and not remembering a delay for a part or some shit is completely different.

100% agreed but everyone was getting on his case, and being all rude about it.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok, somebody help ME out. I'm not a hardware guy. I have no idea what any of this is about. My curiosity is piqued. Somebody care to throw a brother a link, or something?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ok, somebody help ME out. I'm not a hardware guy. I have no idea what any of this is about. My curiosity is piqued. Somebody care to throw a brother a link, or something?

When I have a chance I'm going to start here

MUX.. multiplexer?  X amount of 'data' in Z amount of data out?

EDIT: Wikipedia link for MUX en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUX
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#38]
9bar
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I have a chance I'm going to start here

MUX.. multiplexer?  X amount of 'data' in Z amount of data out?

EDIT: Wikipedia link for MUX en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUX

Ah, cool. I wanna see if I can figure this out myself. I'm bored.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

www.asic-world.com/digital/gates1.html
www.play-hookey.com/digital/

I can't really vouch for the above links; I just did a quick Google on digital logic.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Ah, cool. I wanna see if I can figure this out myself. I'm bored.

You'll want to look up something called a Univeral Logic Module.  It's just a technique of using a mux (multiplexor) to implement logic functions.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Whew! This will be more work than I thought. Is the answer supposed to be a graphical depiction, somehow? I'm not sure I even understand the question.

This is bugging me for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Jealousy?

No shit. I see this kid's arrogance and laugh. Shit, kid,
you're going to be in for a rude awakening when you hit
the real world. You'll come to someone like me for help
constantly and I'll get pissed, take the project
away from you, do it myself correctly in half the time,
then make snide remarks about you to the boss while
we are playing golf.

Oh, and the Illini fucking suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top