Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 1:32:55 PM EDT
Before I launch into this, I would like to give this fair warning to all the parents out there:

Do not consider this a slam to you.

It seems now a days that kids are getting more and more out of control.  
It seems even more so after reading posts about store experiences.  

It seems as if the parents are to blame.

Anywhere you go in public, there are:

1) Screaming children:restaurants, malls, stores, anywhere and everywhere
2)Children that run around in any of the aforementioned
3)Parents that don't watch their children
4)Parents that don't keep track of their children

If myself or my sister ran around or screamed in public, we'd be disciplined.

That was considered unacceptable when I was growing up.

And where do these kids end up?

Jail, gangs, on drugs, dead, or on one of those episodes of Maury Povich where they send the kids to boot camp.

Parents don't care about their kids and what do you think happens?

Parents are also too afraid to discipline their kids, in fear of being reported to Family Services.

There has to be some action done or our next generation will not be well.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I am willing to set up a charity that offers free sterilization
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, most of the kids I see are out of control and the parents don't do anything, there to busy shopping for themselves.

When I was a kid and got a little out of line, my father just had to look at me with his squinting eyes and  that was enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Just the other day I was discussing the "romper room" at Taco Bell.......I mentioned to my friend, in a very loud voice, that if "I" went running around the restaurant screeming wooooooooo wooooooo wooooo woooooo woooooooo, that I would probably get arrested.....the family left quickly...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
A week ago I was at Culver's and there was a family with screaming children next to the table where me and my dad were sitting.

I flashed them a "look" a couple of times.

Someone at the table said, "that person is looking at us and we don't know why"

um, hello, because your CHILD IS SCREAMING!

If tnere was a such thing as a Clue-O-Meter, it would be going off the charts
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]

I constantly get the urge to yell at people who act the fool in public, but I don't think it would do anything to change their behavior.  All it would do would get the two of us in a screaming match.

And - no matter how trashy and uncivilized - I can't bring myself to talk mean to a woman, because it makes me feel like an uncivilized POS myself.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Send me $100 and I promise I'll never breed  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  What I hate hearing most is "they're just kids" or "kids will be kids".  That is such BS.  That screaming kid that you never discipline is going to turn into a little crack-whore or welfare bum.  If you don't teach them self-discipline and personal responsibility at an early age, somebody else is going to have to teach them when they're older, and that's going to hurt like a sumbitch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There is a woman that already does this.  She was on the news awhile ago.  She approaches women who abuse drugs and offers them money if they get sterilized.  She feels this way the junkie mothers won't be giving birth to multiple drug addict babies that end up being a burden on our society.  Of couse the bleeding hearts called her a racist saying she targets minorities.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but the only way you can collect is after the *snip snip* operation

How do you feel about shooting blanks?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With respect to that weapon, as long as they cycle the action, blanks are fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IDammit - I'm too honest to trick you.

I got snipped last year - but was tempted to tell you I'd do it for $100 - since I can definitely promise that I will not breed.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a woman that already does this.  She was on the news awhile ago.  She approaches women who abuse drugs and offers them money if they get sterilized.  She feels this way the junkie mothers won't be giving birth to multiple drug addict babies that end up being a burden on our society.  Of couse the bleeding hearts called her a racist saying she targets minorities.

I'd actually prefer to sterilize men too, if they won't stick around and be a positive role model for their kids then why even have them in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#13]
As a parent of a 4 year old, I can agree and am quite frustrated with it as well.

A few years ago, we had several friends with kid(s) the same age as ours.  However, over time we distanced ourselves from them for the very reasons mentioned above.  It was very difficult to teach my son that at a restaurant you sit in your chair and keep your voice down when our friend's kids would be running around making all kinds of noise.  And if we mentioned it we either got the "they're just being kids" or the "I paid my money just like everyone else".

Now, we tend to go out with friends that don't have kids and we often get comments on how well behaved our son is.  He still has plenty of time and places to go crazy (park, yard, Chuck-e-cheese) but not in restaurants or stores and such.

There are still parents out there that don't put up with rude or bratty behavior, but sadly the number dwindles.  Too many parents now are worried about their child's self esteem or being their best friend and won't discipline them.  Naturally, when their kids get older and in trouble, it's never their own fault but it's "society's" fault.

LL
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you don't teach them self-discipline and personal responsibility at an early age, somebody else is going to have to teach them when they're older, and that's going to hurt like a sumbitch.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top