Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2001 9:05:43 AM EDT
I've designed and am marketing a tool that makes the removal of AR15 handguards a easy, one person operation. Check out the ad and tell me what you think of it. Thanks.
John

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27780#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=25947#lastPost[/url]

Very intersting.  I replaced my handguards yesterday and it was ok.  Not as tough as when I played with them last year.  That tool looks like it will work very well.

There are some other ideas on how to get the handguards removed.   I can't remember the thread but there were some pretty good ideas if I remember correctly.

Hope it works out well for you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It looks GREAT!

Are they ready for ordering?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
send me one and I will field test it for you.
Email me for my addy.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Both my Colt uppers give'em up without too much elbow grease.  Do other manufacturers have siffer springs?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tryed it on a set of triangle handguards with the straight, non-tapered delta rings??

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess some owners might need this - but I personally wouldn't want one. I'm an armorer so I've taken off tight and loose handguards problbly several thousand times - and thats pretty accurate. The only handguards that are a pain are the new M-4 type with the double heat shield. The Knights rail system can be difficult too at first but any one who deals with weapons on a daily basis should be able to take off the most complicated M-16/M-4 ( or AR-15) handguard in a matter of seconds.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess some owners might need this - but I personally wouldn't want one. I'm an armorer so I've taken off tight and loose handguards problbly several thousand times - and thats pretty accurate. The only handguards that are a pain are the new M-4 type with the double heat shield. The Knights rail system can be difficult too at first but any one who deals with weapons on a daily basis should be able to take off the most complicated M-16/M-4 ( or AR-15) handguard in a matter of seconds.  
View Quote

Sounds like ya got her down pretty pat on removing the handguards without help, but let me ask you this: If this tool had been available when you first started out as a armorer, would you have used one? Thanks.

John
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It looks GREAT!

Are they ready for ordering?
View Quote

Thanks for the order RBAD. It'll ship Monday.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you tryed it on a set of triangle handguards with the straight, non-tapered delta rings??

COLTSHORTY
View Quote

No, I haven't tried them myself, but I've had two people who have, tell me it works on the straight ones.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Check your mail.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Check your mail.
View Quote

Checked!   [:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I just received John's handguard tool and tried it on an A2 Delta Ring and an A1 Slip Ring. Yikes! It works like a champ for both installation and removal of the A2 round and A1 triangular hand guards! If you have ever cursed a Delta Ring or Slip Ring before, you need this tool.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#15]
just got mine in the mail short while ago. Took all of 5 seconds to get both halves off. works great. Go back on quickly also.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
HA HA

Not to brag, but I love helping the BIG guys in my unit dissassemble weapons.  Handguards, three seconds off, three on.  Tools, I don't need no stinkin' tools!

Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I just received John's handguard tool .....also tried it on an A2 and an A1. It works great for both installation and removal of the A2 and A1 hand guards.

Yes, I can remove and install HG's without the tool if I have to(i.e. field stripping for those tough guys out there), but the tool sure does make removal/installation of the HG's on a couple of my Colts a damn sight easier.

You can bet that the $ spent on the tool is well worth it.

Thanks, John.

Regards,
Clay
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I got mine last week.  

THERE IS NO FINER TOOL MADE !!

I can't recommend it enough !  -- best damn 25 bucks I have ever spent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Well if you don't have much practice taking off the handguards and finding someone to give a hand takes longer than a few and you don't have three hands and really don't want to go thru the learning curve of doing all by yourself THIS IS THE TOOL FOR YOU. Works very well.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Add my name to the list.  
I've had it for a week and IT IS FANTASTIC !
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 3:51:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered one of these tools from Kilowatter. He is a great guy to deal with and everything came as advertised. Great idea from a great guy!
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
EVERYONE:   Please IGNORE HANGFIRE.

He is a loser troll who just comes here to bash anything he can.

He obviously does not need and cannot afford any tools or accessories.

(he just goes outside his trailer park and asks the other bums to help him remove his handguards)

Watch out --->  HUNGFire will call the tool police on you !.  (and the NAACP because the color of the tool is black)

What a LOSER!  Go BACK INTO YOUR TRAILER.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Great looking product.  I don't seem to have alot of trouble getting my handguards off, but it took me forever to get them back on just this last weekend.  I have to pay for an upcoming vacation right now, but as soon as that is over, I will order one.  well worth it to get around all of the cursing that it took to get them back on this last time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Add me to the list of satisfied customers.  After placing my order, I received a confirmation email saying that my check had been received, and my order shipped.  Once it arrived, I was easily able to remove (and replace) the handguards on my Bushmaster Shorty - something I was unable to do two-handed before.

With all the gadgets and add-ons available for the AR, I'm surprised this tool was invented years ago.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks to everyone who purchased the tool. I appreciate your business.
John
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone who purchased the tool. I appreciate your business.
John
View Quote
John: I got my tool today, and went to try it ASAP, let me tell you...this thing works great!!!, it took me under five seconds (literally) to remove both handguards from my LEGP.
Thank you, and add my name to your growing happy customer list.

Carlos

P.S I must add, that putting the handguards back is also a snap, just reverse the process and you are ready to go...all in just five seconds...

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Kilowatter:

Just got that tool a couple of days ago.  It works great!  Really easy now to take those darn rings off/on.  Great idea...Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top