Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 9:19:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, Now get that fukin gun out of my face!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa, very cool.  How much?  Seriously, you guys are sapping too much of my money.  I should just have my paycheck direct-deposited into your bank account
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that is way cool!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Finger control.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#5]
How did that double tap happen?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looking at a chunk of a RRA Varmint barrel that was cut off gave me an idea. I handed it to Schuster and told him I wanted a wedding band from that piece of barrel. Stainless, with 2 grooves, and KG the grooves black.  The man can do anything in his shop!
www.adcofirearms.com/arband.jpg

Picture kinda reminds me of those two asshats with the glocks....
J/k although prepare for a flamfest in regards to your finger
CH
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Picture kinda reminds me of those two asshats with the glocks....
J/k although prepare for a flamfest in regards to your finger
CH

+1
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Your ring is kinda ok, but your finger discipline is worrisome....   finger off the trigger, bub.

Oh yeah, Dude your gonna get flamed!

LB
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
You sure you want a SS ring?  If your fingers were ever crushed or anything like that you are screwed.  My roommate/and her family have been in the jewlery business for something like 30 years...I don't think they will sell them because of this.

Don't get me wrong I like it I just wanted you to think about it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#10]

The ring looks great, Steve!  Another item you can add to the 'accessories' section at ADCO... That's taking the AR lovin' all the way...

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#12]
nice, i need to make one of them also
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I honestly don't give a shit if somebody has their finger on the trigger in a damn picture. Some people are just too anal. Now if they are in front of me, that is different. Anyway, it's a cool ring. I'd like one just for the coolness factor.

Quoted:
You sure you want a SS ring?  If your fingers were ever crushed or anything like that you are screwed.  My roommate/and her family have been in the jewlery business for something like 30 years...I don't think they will sell them because of this.

What are you talking about? Are you saying it'll break rather than bend or something?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice job ... bonus points if you can get "Tactical" inscribed on the next batch of rings.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Whoa!  That's pretty cool!

Seriously, let me know if you're going to make anymore of them.  

Though I would prefer 4150 MP tested steel to 4140...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#17]
now that gives a new meaning to concealed carry
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I might need one of those.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I honestly don't give a shit if somebody has their finger on the trigger in a damn picture. Some people are just too anal. Now if they are in front of me, that is different. Anyway, it's a cool ring. I'd like one just for the coolness factor.

Quoted:

What are you talking about? Are you saying it'll break rather than bend or something?

Let's say something smashes your finger hard enough to bend the ring.  How ya gonna get it off yer finger?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#20]
A ring cutter?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A ring cutter?

Yeah, but if its smashed up against your finger, your finger is gonna get cut and bleed and you might die.......it's just a bad idea man.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A ring cutter?

Yeah, but if its smashed up against your finger, your finger is gonna get cut and bleed and you might die.......it's just a bad idea man.  

You've never seen a ring cutter, I guess.  That's what they're made to do - cut a smashed ring off a finger without chopping the finger off.

ETA HTF are you going to bleed out from a smashed finger?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Is it chrome-lined
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
A ring cutter?

You've never seen a ring cutter, I guess.  That's what they're made to do - cut a smashed ring off a finger without chopping the finger off.

I've never seen a ring cutter.  Learn something new every day!  I've seen smashed fingers bleed like a sumbitch.  Nail falls off and everything.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A ring cutter?

Shit just grab the nearist set of bolt cutter and lop the damn finger off.  Quit beeing such a pussy!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#27]

If the guys fingers get smashed, they get smashed.... as if that steel is going to be impossible to get off..
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]
used a ring cutter lots of times in the ER, usually b/c the finger gets injured, then swells, and the ring will affect circulation, so you cut it off when you can't slide it past the swelling.  I seriously doubt a ring cutter would work on stainless, it is difficult as it is on gold or sterling.  It is however a very cool ring.  Perhaps hang it from a chain?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Clamp the thing in a vice the direction that it is longest, and crank up the pressure.  It will bend back into roughly circular shape pretty easily.  I like my wedding band loose enough that I can take it off, but it is still hard to do sometimes if my knuckles swell.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Shave your phalanges!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I have pondered a SS ring for awhile so I looked into more since this thread came up.  I first called my local FD they said they have no idea if their ring cutter would cut thru a steel ring.  But they did give me some places to find out...I just got off of the phone with this company(http://www.ishor.com/RingTools.htm) and asked him about it.  He said their top of the line electric ring cutter would but it would take multiple blades...but the other cutters wouldn't stand a chance.  He said steel rings as well as SS body pericings create a huge problem.  They have very few things that will cut them.  I asked about using bolt cutters and he said they will usually will work but there are major problems with further injuring the finger or body part.

Edit
Again I am not busting balls I really like the ring I just want you to know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That would suck big time.  Try explaining that in Heaven without sounding like a pussy.

"Hey Bill, how did you get up here?"
"Cut my finger, it all went down hill from there..."  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Is it chrome-lined

ROFL  If it's not chrome lined it's not worth marrying wearing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top