Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2001 5:54:56 PM EDT
Need a rifle/shotgun for use in the wilderness.I like the fact that the AR-7 breaks down and fits in the buttstock.But,I can also see the advantages of having a .410 shotgun barrel-M6.The AR-7 I was considering is made by Henry.It's suppose to be an improved version of the original Armalite.The Henry is offered in either stainless or blued teflon.What do you think?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
advantage M6
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You pretty much hit it one the head as to their strengths and weaknesses.  I own an AR-7.  I have no experience with an M6.  It's ging to depend on your precieved use.  If you need it to float and store into the size of it's own buttstock, then the AR-7 is it.  If you want the versatility of the shotgun (which is a big advantage) and you can get by with the gun stowed in the size the M6 will (I think it folds in half), then the M6 is probably better.  If you don't need them to be compact at all, then you're much better off with something like a 10/22 or Savage 24.  Even an old H&R single shot would be great.

Ross
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I like instead, a long barreled .357 with both holow points and shotshells. Taking on a Blue Grouse with a revolver is challenging.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
what do you want to shoot? if it dosent have to be real compact you could look at one of those .223/20guage over/unders. if your looking for something with a lot more kill power for deer or bigger, check out the alaskin guild rifle. or any of the break down winchesters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top