Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2001 10:43:03 AM EDT
What is a slab-sided (no reinforcing) receiver?

And what is mag-fencing, fenced well?

Seen this and thought, AR-15 lingo, baby.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
A slab-side (lower) receiver is the original M16 or Colt SP1 model AR15. It does not have the rib along the right side of the mag well and mag release.

The mag-fencing (fenced well, same, same)is the rib along the right side of the receiver. The fence was put there to prevent accidental release of the magazine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
A "slab-side" receiver has no forward assist,  it has nothing to do with being reinforced.

A "mag fence" is the raised portion around the mag release button.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Anti ussa, no lower receivers have a forward assist,it must have been late.

other dudes,
Real M16s have a rib for the push pin detent. but no fence around the mag release button.

A slab sided rec.has not any raised fencing on the mag. rel.button side & does not have reinforcments where the rec. extension goes and normally a large front pivot pin.
GG
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I was referring to the slab side uppers... Nowhere in his post was it mentioned that he was inquiring of uppers or lowers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The M16A1 I had in the Army had a "fence" around the magazine release.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was referring to the slab side uppers... Nowhere in his post was it mentioned that he was inquiring of uppers or lowers.
View Quote

JGT knew. Common sense told me. Give me a break.[>:/]
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top