Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 1:29:48 PM EDT
Hey Everyone... Its possible that I may be taking a job in Massachusettes in the upcoming months...  For some reason there is something in the back of my head saying that I can't take my AR-15 there if I move...  Does Massachusettes have its own ban on Assault Rifles???
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
We've got a state verson of the fed AWB, except w/o expiration.  houldn
You're fucked on pistols, though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope its a clean post ban...  with the occasional pre ban mag tagging along...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually current residents can only buy certain new handguns that are approved by the state AND the AG. Or you can buy used pre 98 handguns that were in state.

Note that this does not apply if you MOVE into MA.  Bring all you can carry.  You may also privately sell 4 firearms per year on a FA10 form.

Also, before moving make sure you meet the requirements for a MA Class A LTC for owning high capacity firearms and mags.  Consider moving to southern NH if possible.

Not a lawyer, etc.  check www.goal.org or www.massgunlaw.com
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
www.attorneycohen.com

One of the guys who really runs massgunlaw.  He's who you'll get transferred to if you shoot them a message.

+1 on handgun explanation, though
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys... I will definitely check it out the gun law site...
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top