Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2001 3:49:20 PM EDT
Hey guys. I am hoping some of you can shed some light on a potential purchase for me. I am looking to purchase an AR-15. I went to the Harrisburg PA gun show and saw what I wanted. It was the Hesse Arms HAR-15A2 Carbine and can be seen at: http://www.hessearms.com/harrifles.htm I may not get the Hesse Arms after reading some of the other posts about them, but whatever model I choose, I want it to look like the Carbine. The one I want has a 16" barrel with muzzle break, A2 upper, and postban non-collapsable stock. From what my friends have been telling me, it should be legal to purchase and own in NJ. I am curious if it would be OK though since they said it SHOULD be OK. I want to know for sure. Is there any way to know for sure? Like contact an attorney or the State Police? I don't want to go buy this thing and then go to jail. I do live in NJ so anything is possible. Thanks guys. Rich
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:59:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:31:10 AM EDT
The only specific mention I know w/ regards to the AR-15 in NJ Law is that the Colt is on the banned list. Can't remember, but I think it was the Match Target. Then there are the typical rules about semi-auto 'assault weapons' that govern the config. I was down at Harry's Army Navy in Robbinsville off Rt. 130, and they had a few of the 'black rifles' there....I think it was two Bushys and an RRA. So I think it's safe to say yes, you could own one. You should just be able to go in to your local gun shop and ask them if it's legal..... Not to sound pluggy, but you might also want to snag a copy of Nappen II. Pretty sensible explanation of what the gun laws are in this state.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:28:24 PM EDT
As I understand the NJ law, the configuration that you describe would be legal. Check out NJ guns http://www.njguns.com ,there is some useful info there. Definitely get Nappen II , it is a must have for any gun owner in NJ.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 1:17:00 PM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. I also talked to a couple dealers in the area and they said it is perfectly legal. I ended up getting it yesterday. My first gun/rifle. Now I cannot wait until Saturday to take it to the range. Thanks again.
Top Top