Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2001 9:06:56 PM EDT
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF A GUN LOCK COMPANY THAT MAKES A GUN LOCK OUT OF TWO STEEL PLATES THAT SANDWICH TOGETHER AND LOCK TO HOLD THE GUN.HAVE A COLT COMMANDO SERVICE GUN WITH A SUREFIRE MILLENNIUM AND REFLEX 2 SO I CANT MOUNT IT IN A NORMAL GUN LOCK.ALSO HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW AND WERE TO MOUNT THIS GUN IN A NEW CROWN. THANKS.
BILLY
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
NO I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT.  OK, I HAVE TO GO TAKE SOME ASPIRIN NOW, MY HEAD HURTS FROM ALL THIS SHOUTING.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I've researched this pretty well and have found the following.  Locks from Big Sky or Tufloc will not work with AR's mounting tactical lights (you do have a white light DON'T YOU).  The best options for securing an AR in the passenger's compartment come from Pro-Guard or Sage Industries.

I prefer the Pro-Guard model that mounts to the cage.  This is an "out of sight" mount that avoids many of the "why do you have a machine gun" questions and also reduces the likelihood of theft.  The mount is modular and will accomodate both carbines and rifles.  If you want to mount a rifle with a Millienum, you'll need to "tweak" the mount.  I posted instructions on how to do this at my web site.  The URL is [url]http://thecurmudgeon.freeservers.com/fa-index.html[/url]  Look in the "AR-15 Advocacy" Section.

Sage Industries makes several mounts that also work welll with AR's.  Several of their mounts are compatbile with tactical lights and optics, especially the ones that mount to the prisoner cage.  These aren't as "concealed" but do the job.  Their URL is [url]http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/si/[url]

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Had, repeat "Had" a bookmark for an item called a YTM gunlock. Can't find the info now, but I will keep looking. It had a securable baseplate with 3(?) heavy projecting and padded pins to hold the weapon, then you slipped the outer plate on and a lock.                Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top