Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 4:59:40 AM EDT
In the past I've read "first AR-15" in a movie threads here, but I was watching Gorillas in the Mist this morning, and saw the African soldiers all had AR-10's with brown furniture and those 20 round waffle type mags, shooting them in the ground to enforce their No Whitey policy during one scene in the jungle.  Timeframe was around 1967.

I know some AR-10's were sold to foreign countries, but just thought it an interesting detail if historically accurate, consdiering the rest of the movie is crunchy granola.

Any other movies with AR-10's?  I've never seen any.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The AR10 shows up with a couple of the cops and SWAT guys in the bluesbrothers. So does an M16 with a M203 and a LAW(IIRC) makes an apperance as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#2]
In the mid 70's I spent some time in Rhodesia and saw Portuguese and Sudanese AR10's in use. There's a french movie titled "Le Professional" that clearly shows the hero wielding a Sudanese AR-10. And another called "The Hard Way" where Patrick McGoohan knocks off AR-10 armed hitmen with his bolt-action in the mountains of Ireland. And still another titled "Blindfold" circa 1963 or '66 maybe, starring Rock Hudson & Claudia Cardinale were the bad guys have Portuguese AR10's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top