Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 10:56:21 AM EST
Remember that thread with the "how to drive in Iraq" video?... the one with the response refrencing the video where people drive around scaring others with a really really loud Air Horn?

....I pitty the foo who cuts me off

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:00:30 AM EST
That is REDNECK. I like it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:02:28 AM EST
What kind of compressor are you running for that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:02:48 AM EST
Need a couple 31" Hadley low-notes, a 7gal tank, grover valve and OBA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:05:42 AM EST
In before you post bitching about the citation you get.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:06:01 AM EST
Boy . . . You gonna go def.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:08:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By jacobsk:
Remember that thread with the "how to drive in Iraq" video?... the one with the response refrencing the video where people drive around scaring others with a really really loud Air Horn?

img221.imageshack.us/img221/5514/airhorn004atj5.jpg

I approve of this post.

One day I want a huge truck with air horns so powerful they'll crumple the rear of the car in front of me. That, and aircraft landing lights to blister the paint. That would be so sweet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:10:09 AM EST
You should turn them around, they catch a lot less wind that way and they won't break off when your doing 75 mph down the interstate.

Ask me how I know!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:15:35 AM EST
You'll get a citation the first time you use it....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:23:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:33:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:33:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paveway_:

Only if he turns it up to "11" !
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:33:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By umc:

I snagged a small compresser from a friends 95 sierra which had rear airbags... he replaced them with normal shocks and threw all the stuff out, so I've had this little 12vt compresser sitting in my garage for 3 years and now its finally getting some use.

Originally Posted By Redcap:

How about an 8 gallon tank?

The wires and hose are kinda messy, I'll have to figure out a way to pretty them up.

...When I say dont touch the red button, I mean dont touch the red button!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:36:19 AM EST
That's rad!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:36:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:37:29 AM EST
I really, really cold have used that today on the way home from work.

D­amn college kids, walking out without looking.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:38:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By jnojr:

img221.imageshack.us/img221/5514/airhorn004atj5.jpg

I approve of this post.

One day I want a huge truck with air horns so powerful they'll crumple the rear of the car in front of me. That, and aircraft landing lights to blister the paint. That would be so sweet.

I want one of those Mig-21 radars that cook birds in flight mounted up front. I want to make sure the asshole can't breed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:38:38 AM EST
Are you 4' tall or something? Back away from the damn airbag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:39:55 AM EST

Yeah, don't carry your dog in the truck with you!

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:41:50 AM EST
Friend of mine put an air horn off of a train under the hood of his jeep wrangler, he uses it every so often and hasn't been cited (yet). I've wanted something similar since.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:45:04 AM EST
Umm, mounting the thing behind your head may work against you.

Have you thought of putting it behind the grill?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:45:18 AM EST

I snagged a small compresser from a friends 95 sierra which had rear airbags... he replaced them with normal shocks and threw all the stuff out, so I've had this little 12vt compresser sitting in my garage for 3 years and now its finally getting some use.

img118.imageshack.us/img118/3288/airhorn002agy4.jpg

The wires and hose are kinda messy, I'll have to figure out a way to pretty them up.

LOL!!! OMG thats awsome!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:48:26 AM EST
You'll shoot your ear off with that thing kid.

Seriously, if I just had to have one of those I think I would find a place to hide it instead of advertising it to the world.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:52:39 AM EST
that is quite cool.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:54:31 AM EST

linky

347.38 Horns and warning devices.

347.38(1)
(1) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon a highway unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no person shall at any time use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning or make any unnecessary or unreasonably loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other warning device.

Not that I would actually cite someone for that, hell I think its great.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:00:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dilbert_556:

Seriously, if I just had to have one of those I think I would find a place to hide it instead of advertising it to the world.

There isnt really alot of room under the hood, it wont fit...

I was thinking of placing it behind the bumper, but I couldnt figure out a way to run the 5/8" hose out of my cab...

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:06:40 PM EST

Friend of mine put an air horn off of a train under the hood of his jeep wrangler, he uses it every so often and hasn't been cited (yet). I've wanted something similar since.

I'm in Michigan. I have a Wrangler. Where did this friend get a train horn, and how did he hook it up?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:13:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dilbert_556:

There isnt really alot of room under the hood, it wont fit...

I was thinking of placing it behind the bumper, but I couldnt figure out a way to run the 5/8" hose out of my cab...

Get a toolbox for your bed to hold the compressor/tank. Run your hose out the bottom of the bed and mount the horn inside one of the rear fenders.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:17:44 PM EST
If you wanna scare the shit out of people tailgating you, just turn the horns around. It gets their attention rather quickly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:19:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

I'm in Michigan. I have a Wrangler. Where did this friend get a train horn, and how did he hook it up?

I want to see more on this too. I'm VERY doubtful it was a real train horn. My father has a set of train horns and they are HUGE!! Only place to mount them on a semi truck was under the frame, plus they weigh a lot. The last time I looked under the hood of a wrangler they did not have enough room for a set of train horns. A set of truck horns, yes, train no.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:42:37 PM EST

img118.imageshack.us/img118/3288/airhorn002agy4.jpg

Sweet fucking Christ. I don't know if you should be congratulated or kicked in the nuts! That is one interesting and possibly awesome or faggoty clusterfuck!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:44:52 PM EST

Who gives a fuck?
Top Top