Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 3:36:55 PM EST
Planted a garden. Doing well (Cauliflower done, green beans still coming in, Zucchini and Yellow squash doing good, a few cucumbers, and the tomatoes are just starting to come in)....

Planted a variety pack of winter squash....just picked a couple of nice acorn squash, and some that I don't recognize.

Found a picture on the i-net:

Third from the left. The guy who posted that pic on his blog couldn't identify it either (between the acorn and butternut)...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:37:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 3:37:37 PM EST by RabidMonkeyPox]
I have no fucking idea

the one on the far right has a beak, beware.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:43:22 PM EST
Looks like a Barney Frank zucchini
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:49:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 3:53:52 PM EST by waterglass]
They look like you picked them early.

The one on the far right might be a Kershaw. the next one to the left may or may not be a very immature hubbard of some type. the one in the middle is a butternut.. the two on the end are acorns.

I dont know what the mystery squash is, it might be a cross between an acorn and some other type of squash. It is easy for two type of squash to cross, so you might have got bad seed. by bad seed I mean seed from a fruit that was cross polinated.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:00:22 PM EST
you are picking them too early,.,,,,for winter squash you can let them sit on the dead vines...take them in before the first frost....what you have picked isnt even full grown yet
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:38:31 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Camden_n:
you are picking them too early,.,,,,for winter squash you can let them sit on the dead vines...take them in before the first frost....what you have picked isnt even full grown yet
View Quote

Not my picture...just found the only one I could in a search on winter squash...and the guy that posted that picture didn't know what it was either.

Picked two acorn squash...bigger than in the picture and we'll eat those in a few days, and the 'mystery' squash had some kind of a worm in the stem near the squash...so I figured I better pick it an cut the worm out (didn't get to the squash). Gonna cook it like I would an acorn squash to see how it turns out.

I'll leave the rest on the vines....too much zucchini and yellow squash for now anyway...

Thanks!

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:33:13 AM EST
Bump for the dayshift.....
Top Top