Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 9:45:25 PM EDT
Fuck. Got it down the right side of my head, from just above the ear to the lower eyelid. Dr. gave me Prednisone and Clindamycin.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Had that shit once. Hope to never even hear the word again. It is the very definition of suck.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
emmm... if the diagnoisis is herpes, and it has been up to 72 hours since it appeared (for best results), it is recommended that you should have also been given an antiviral - like acyclovir, vancyclovir or famcyclovir. being on an antiviral will also decrease the risk of getting something called post herpetic neuralgia - pain that is present and persist after the herpes goes away...

if you didn't get any antiviral, you might want to call the dr's office / call service, and inquire about it...

disclaimer - please consult with your own physician concerning any medical advice, especially that given over the internet

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
emmm... if the diagnoisis is herpes, and it has been up to 72 hours since it appeared (for best results), it is recommended that you should have also been given an antiviral - like acyclovir, vancyclovir or famcyclovir. being on an antiviral will also decrease the risk of getting something called post herpetic neuralgia - pain that is present and persist after the herpes goes away...

if you didn't get any antiviral, you might want to call the dr's office / call service, and inquire about it...

disclaimer - please consult with your own physician concerning any medical advice, especially that given over the internet

Over 72 hours.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Miserable shit. Had it from the middle of my chest around under my left arm. Doc gave me Valtrex, but I think I got it too late. All I could do was tough it out. I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. I've had em'. They suck big time...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top