Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/13/2006 5:51:52 AM EDT

I see this "suggested" in various leftie parenting magazines, anti gun propaghanda and such. Just wondering if another parent has ever asked you if you owned guns before their child came over to play .

If so what happened ?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:53:29 AM EDT
No,they generally are coming over to PLAY with guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:02:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 6:02:29 AM EDT by Zakk_Wylde_470]
While I'm not a parent, I have been asked about guns (not just mine, but also guns in general) by my friends' parents on numerous occasions.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:03:44 AM EDT
Never. But most of them know either my career field and/or my FFL status, so they must assume that I have guns around.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:12:41 AM EDT
Not directly, no, but one parent wrote a recommendation for me to get a CCW here in MA, and I did for him, too. The neighbors see me bring muskets out to the car when I go to work or reenactments, but AFAIK they haven't seen any modern guns, nor have I been asked about them. I don't run around in my yard with AKs or ARs- bad juju in suburbia.

BUT back when our kids were still friends with the neighborhood libtards' kids, one couple got upset that the kids were playing army and forbade theirs from having toy guns, but said it was oK for them to use sticks as guns instead....

Mostly most of the neighbors avoid us, and we them. They've figured out we aren't tax-and-spend liberals, and don't have much to say to us. People keep to themselves up here. Some neighbors? I don't even know their names.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:15:58 AM EDT
Nope. But one of my kids previous teachers (retired USMC) and I will talk about guns, or gun shows, or range time quite often. Of course, we also make fun of the liberal wiennies running the school board too.

I have, in the past, had coworkers make stupid comments about guns. Ah yessss, the ingorant masses of liberals will never get it. My weapon is a tool and will not grow legs and start shooting at people on its own.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:16:31 AM EDT
Never. Any kids that come over always see me carrying. They just take it for granted at this point. I'm more descrete if someone new is over.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT by bfieldburt]
I only repond to that question after I demand that they answer these:

1) How many times a week do you and your spouse have sex?

2) What religion are you? And I demand that you justify it historically and based on Aristotelian logic.

3) Are you a communist? (of course, here, I put on my best Joe McCarthy face).

etc...etc...

It's no one's damn business if I have weapons or not.

If you don't already trust me, then why are your kids here? And if this is the first time you're sending your kids over.....why are you letting them hang out with other people you know so little about?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:41:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bfieldburt:
I only repond to that question after I demand that they answer these:

1) How many times a week do you and your spouse have sex?

2) What religion are you? And I demand that you justify it historically and based on Aristotelian logic.

3) Are you a communist? (of course, here, I put on my best Joe McCarthy face).

etc...etc...

It's no one's damn business if I have weapons or not.

If you don't already trust me, then why are your kids here? And if this is the first time you're sending your kids over.....why are you letting them hang out with other people you know so little about?

Agreed.

Be sure to ask them that also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:01 AM EDT
Only once a few years back.

Told them all were in a safe and everything was hunky dory.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:03 AM EDT
Well, the 8-point I have over the fireplace didn't commit suicide...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:33:56 PM EDT
btt for the night crew
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:37:43 PM EDT
Well, my little girl is in Kindergarden now so that isin't too high on the list of topics.
I'm thinking about teaching her to feildstrip a .45 this weekend so she has somehting to talk about in school next week.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:40:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nightdriver:
Well, my little girl is in Kindergarden now so that isin't too high on the list of topics.
I'm thinking about teaching her to feildstrip a .45 this weekend so she has somehting to talk about in school next week.

Yes that would make interesting conversation.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:01:48 PM EDT
My kids' friends' parents want to know when they can go to the range with me. Seriously.

These are mostly people from my subdivision, though some are from my kids' preschool or my wife's playgroup contacts.

Lots of shooters in GA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:15:19 PM EDT
No, my area of MI , the majority of folks either hunt, or have family members who hunt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:18:52 PM EDT
Nope, not yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:24:02 PM EDT

No.

Most of the folks across the street are hunters. The guy on one side of me goes to work every day with a Ranger tab on his uniform. I don't think they're scared of guns.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:45:31 PM EDT
sounds like I don't have to worry
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
I say yup, and several of them are "assault weapons" or "evil black rifles"...

he he he

At that point if they don't want little Johnny to come over and play it's their problem.

Seriously though most of the neighbor's kids like to come over and see my collection and their parents are cool with it. They know I'm responsible and keep them under lock when I'm not messing with them or carrying it on my person.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:10:40 PM EDT
Never.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
Most of my kids' friends' parents are owners too but not of EBRs. A few shotgunners, a lot of guys who get off on reloading and shoot infrequently , then there's the dude who developed some improvised hides for his Enfields. A few packing hottie moms too.

Most of the gun owners consider the .223 is a squirrel gun so I'm happy to let them think its nothing more than a glorified 22lr.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:30 PM EDT
no , this is a very guns and God kind of town
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:23:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By illigb:
Well, the 8-point I have over the fireplace didn't commit suicide...

Top Top