Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2013 11:48:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2013 2:40:31 AM EST by Elijah1]
I just got a cortisone shot in my knee. They used a different type this time. I had it about an hour or so ago, but now am feeling SOB and my glands in my neck are tender. Is this normal?

Guns are at the bottom of lake James, and my wife is mean. So no dibs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:55:50 AM EST
Call your doc and ask???
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:58:20 AM EST
Call your physician immediately.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:03:48 PM EST
I think I am going to lay down. The wife is on hold with the docs office. My vision is funky too. I've had literally dozens of cortizone shots and this is the first time bullshit like this has happened.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:04:22 PM EST
Yep. Make the call.
Now please, since you have nothing to give should you croak.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:16:56 PM EST
Headed to the ER my face is swollen as hell too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:24:41 PM EST
You did mention the wife. Just sayin. Get better quick.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:27:28 PM EST

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Elijah1:
I think I am going to lay down. The wife is on hold with the docs office. My vision is funky too. I've had literally dozens of cortizone shots and this is the first time bullshit like this has happened.
View Quote

Vision changes can be a side effect of steroids. Sorta like a odd foggy detached from your sight kind of thing right?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:30:14 PM EST
Headed to the ER my face is swollen as hell too.
View Quote

You're doing the right thing. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:35:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:

Vision changes can be a side effect of steroids. Sorta like a odd foggy detached from your sight kind of thing right?
View Quote

Yea. Almost to the hospital now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:54:36 PM EST
Good luck! Don't forget to get pics of hot nurses
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:13:32 PM EST
TL/DR
GL
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:14:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By twister6er:
Good luck! Don't forget to get pics of hot nurses
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:15:40 PM EST
Benadryl, solumedral and epinephrin. Still short of breath but my O2 is back above 90%. I am tired now.

Tongue is still swollen too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:21:18 PM EST
Tholly to heal yo' thung ith thwollen.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:39:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 1:40:58 PM EST by Ehaban]
Hope you come out ok from that bad shot, but if you don't, all I can say is thanks for letting us know to look at the bottom of Lake James. Scuba gear is out and getting loaded, plane ticket bought.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:43:47 PM EST
Geez, man. Find out what he gave you, pronto. It's probably bupivicaine mixed with hydrocortisone. You may have developed an allergy to "Caine" anesthetics.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:45:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 1:45:49 PM EST by Sled_Dog]
Sounds like an allergic reaction/anaphylaxis. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:46:24 PM EST
Benadryl, solumedral and epinephrin. Still short of breath but my O2 is back above 90%. I am tired now.

Tongue is still swollen too.
View Quote

Scary as HELL isn't it? Hope you get well fast!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:46:33 PM EST
Tagged for AAR.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:48:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Tagged for AAR.
View Quote

hang tough op
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:49:50 PM EST
need picture of your swollen head
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:57:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 2:00:09 PM EST by Doctor556]
FINALLY SOMETHING I CAN HELP WITH!!!!

Sounds like your body is processing the cortisone as if it were an infection and directing the steroids to your lymph nodes. This should not be a problem and may be how that individual steroid works (Every one is different). If they pain from your arthritis (generally what I would give cortisone for) is gone, then mission accomplished. Give it a few days for your lymph nodes to process everything.

It could also be that you are about to get sick as an unrelated event. The lymphatic system deals with blood infections by bringing them to the lymph nodes where the infection can be dealt with and processed.

I hope this helps! IM me if there are any farther issues!

EDIT:

I just read more of the post! That sounds like an anaphylactic reaction! ER time now. In the mean time, get benadryl in your system and call 911. At the hospital they will give you Epinephrine and lots of saline so I hope you are used to needles!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:22:48 PM EST
Check to make sure it as indeed a steroid, it may have been a hyualronic acid injection (helps your cartilage stay squishy).

Either way, never get this particular shot again.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:39:59 PM EST
hello???? you still with us???
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:42:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Libertyhillguy:
hello???? you still with us???
View Quote

Wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:47:50 PM EST
I just got a cortisone shot in my knee. They used a different type this time. I had it about an hour or so ago, but now am feeling SOB and my glands in my neck are tender. Is this normal?

Guns are at the bottom of lake James, and my wife is mean. So no dibs.
View Quote

No it's not normal. I'm sorry to inform you but you have got the gay.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:48:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By Doctor556:

Sounds like your body is processing the cortisone as if it were an infection and directing the steroids to your lymph nodes. This should not be a problem and may be how that individual steroid works (Every one is different). If they pain from your arthritis (generally what I would give cortisone for) is gone, then mission accomplished. Give it a few days for your lymph nodes to process everything.

It could also be that you are about to get sick as an unrelated event. The lymphatic system deals with blood infections by bringing them to the lymph nodes where the infection can be dealt with and processed.

EDIT:

I just read more of the post! That sounds like an anaphylactic reaction! ER time now. In the mean time, get benadryl in your system and call 911. At the hospital they will give you Epinephrine and lots of saline so I hope you are used to needles!
View Quote

Are you really a physician?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:48:25 PM EST
He fo'd.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:07:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Tagged for AAR.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:23:12 PM EST
Ok, three rounds of IV Benadryl, some more steroids and epinephrin and they are sending me him. My tongue swelled like crazy and my throat got a bit narrow. They want me to take 50mg of Benadryl ever 4 hrs.

ER saw me immediately, my ortho faxed them H/Ps before I even got there.

Lets just say that was a bit closer and spun out of control in a hurry.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:26:21 PM EST
Ok, three rounds of IV Benadryl, some more steroids and epinephrin and they are sending me him. My tongue swelled like crazy and my throat got a bit narrow. They want me to take 50mg of Benadryl ever 4 hrs.

View Quote

Glad you're okay, man.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:30:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By AgHistGrad02:
Glad you're okay, man.
View Quote

Thanks. It was a bit of a scare.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:31:11 PM EST

View Quote

I tore the ceiling out of my kitchen to do some plumbing on the bathroom upstairs and had this happen, exactly as your account.
Turns out I am allergic to horse hair. They used to mix it in plaster. The only thing scarier was having my wife drive me to the ER in my new to me lifted F150.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:34:24 PM EST

View Quote

Glad you made it. I found out I was allergic to prednisone a couple months back.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:35:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

Glad you made it. I found out I was allergic to prednisone a couple months back.
View Quote

What symptoms did you have?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:45:05 PM EST
What symptoms did you have?
View Quote

difficulty breathing, nausea, loss of balance
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:21:36 AM EST
Second AAR, I slept like I haven't slept in a long time. I am feeling 99% better now, the doc at the ER said that I got lucky, another 20 minutes of being stubbornness could have had me visiting Shawnofthedead. I have to take 50mg of benadryl every 4 hours. So I figure it wouldn't be in my best interest to work today
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:27:57 AM EST
Man I am glad you are feeling better, that's nothing to mess around with when your tongue starts swelling and you have trouble breathing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:46:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By wild_Texas:
Man I am glad you are feeling better, that's nothing to mess around with when your tongue starts swelling and you have trouble breathing.
View Quote

Thanks, I feel like I am hung over like a motherfucker today
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:50:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By 1MAC:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1MAC:
Originally Posted By Doctor556:

EDIT:

lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:57:12 AM EST
See, as always, GD gave good advice.

Glad you're better.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:08:23 AM EST

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AgHistGrad02:
Glad you're okay, man.

Glad you went to ER--Good Call--Feel Better Soon!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:13:53 AM EST
Be vigilant for any recurrent symptoms. Remember, some of that stuff is still being absorbed from your joint.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:22:38 AM EST
Good to hear you're OK OP
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:32:25 AM EST
Second AAR, I slept like I haven't slept in a long time. I am feeling 99% better now, the doc at the ER said that I got lucky, another 20 minutes of being stubbornness could have had me visiting Shawnofthedead. I have to take 50mg of benadryl every 4 hours. So I figure it wouldn't be in my best interest to work today
View Quote

Glad you made it OP. If you didn't have an alive day yet, here is yours. Happy fucking birthday man!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:41:20 AM EST
Last time I had an allegic reaction to shellfish I was starting to circle the shitter drain in less than 40 minutes from accidental injestion to er getting prepped for a cut down since my veins were not filled enough.

Dipshit er doc thought I was seeking drugs, face balloned in front of him, and I passed the fuck out nearly crashed right there. .
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:02:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By mike-munich:

Glad you made it OP. If you didn't have an alive day yet, here is yours. Happy fucking birthday man!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mike-munich:

I guess I have two alive dates now. I was ran over by a car at 18mo old.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:22:52 AM EST
If I had to take 50 mg of Benedryl every 4 hours, I'd never get more than 10 feet from my bed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:53:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By xanadu:
If I had to take 50 mg of Benedryl every 4 hours, I'd never get more than 10 feet from my bed.
View Quote

I've made it to the kitchen a few times but damn Benadryl is oppressive shit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:47:46 AM EST
Well I had to go back to the ER because my symptoms came back again. They gave me the whole IV cocktail again and sent me home with a ton of pills. Now pretty much all I do is sleep. Worst week ever.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top