Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 11:26:45 AM EDT
This is taken from www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=4ef55520fac720d145d202bb8188d67a&threadid=210564

From the Rochester Post Bulleting newspaper today:

MINNEAPOLIS - "Musicians Fire Back," a night of music benefiting the campaign to repeal the state's conceal-and-carry handgun law, will be Friday at the Triple Rock, 629 Cedar Ave. in Minneapolis.

An all-ages concert will be from 5 pm to 9:30 pm, with music by Somerset, the Common Place, Ray Jones Special and Goodnight Sun. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door.

A 21-and-older concert will start at 10 p.m., with music by Dying Midwestern, Small Towns Burn a Little Slower and Hinken. Tickets are $6.

For tickets and information, visit www.triplerocksocialclub.com www.wellingtonrecords.com or www.endgunviolence.com on the Internet

-----

Being from WI originally, I feel some kinship with MN folks.  (Just not with football.)    This needs to be addressed.

I'm making some calls...

Mike
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Minnesotans kicking and screaming for the state to make sure they're disarmed.  Pathetic.

No wonder this guy hates Minnesota so much

[url]http://www.udolpho.com/weblog/Default.asp?id=00125&title=Minnesota,-I-hate-you[/url]

[url]http://www.udolpho.com/weblog/Default.asp?id=00136&title=You-can't-make-this-stuff-up[/url]

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a lot of truth to what that is said in those udolopho threads, especially the passive aggressive stuff.  There is also a lot of truth to the part about conformity.  They are extremely conformist even in their nonconformity, especially the ultraleft ultraliberals.

The ultraliberals are aghast, aghast, I say, that there is CCW in this state.  This state is so screamingly liberal that it's hard to believe.  Interestingly the liberals seem to be loosing ground in their traditional strongholds in the unions, just because unions are dying out & the remaining members can see that they are doing fairly well & their taxes are being increased to buy more votes for Dems.

Vote fraud is probably fairly common, although I don't have any hard evidence, simply because it is so easy to register to vote.  It only takes one person to swear that you are a citizen & there is no cross checking.  Likewise, there is voter registration at the polling places on election day.

The big cities, where the immigrants traditionally settle, are exporting their problems to the suburbs via legislative & judicial fiat.  My precinct, with several large apartment complexes, is about 50% Demo in the voting, whereas the rest of the suburb is about 10% Demo.  We get to endure the joys of additional trash on the street, human & non-human, as well as additional crime & vandalism.  Now don't get me wrong, it's not a high crime area, but it's higher than comparable suburban areas without those apartments.

Sorry for the hijack.

As far as the original topic of the thread, I haven't heard a thing about that concert, so hopefully it will be the same old crowd of ultraliberals that always go to those obscure events.

I was thinking about picketing it, but that could/would only give those fools more publicity.  Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and if you ever hear the term "Minnesota nice" don't believe it.  That is THE big lie.  I read a good article in the Red Star Tribune a few years ago, reprinted from the London Times IIRC, that made the statement that Minnesotans are only superficially nice to you in order to keep their distance from you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
An all-ages concert will be from 5 pm to 9:30 pm, [red]with music by Somerset, the Common Place, Ray Jones Special and Goodnight Sun[/red]. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door.

A 21-and-older concert will start at 10 p.m., with [red]music by Dying Midwestern, Small Towns Burn a Little Slower and Hinken[/red]. Tickets are $6.
View Quote

Music by WHO??
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Repeal?  Hold on now - I'm still waiting for the "blood in the streets" and "gunfights over parking spots" that the whiney bastards said there would be when the law passed.  [rolleyes]

It figures they would cover it in the rottencrotch compost bulletin.  There's guns are banned signs all over the place here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
When you go, make sure you don't have a can of pepper spray with you...
one time, the can must have leaked at this show we were at... it was horrible-- the whole place had to be cleared out....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top