Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:47:46 PM EDT
OK, for the last month or so, my wife and I have been very drawn out and without energy. I'm getting sick of it and want to figure out what is causing it. I have a feeling that it is some form of depression or stress. We have both been working 10-12hrs a day, are in the process of building a new house, and are doing some work on our current house to get it ready to sell. All though I don't feel very stressed, I'm pretty sure I am.

So, here are my symptoms:

Getting out of bed is the hardest part of my day. I have no ambition to move. I get soo comfortable and just don't want to get up. After I am out of bed, I don't feel like doing anything. After I get up and do something, I feel OK. When I sit back down, I feel like falling back asleep. I get headaches probably 2-3 times a week and my wife is almost every other day. All I want to do is lay around and watch TV or sit in front of the computer. I'm getting sick of it!!!

So, any ideas?

Kris
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:50:30 PM EDT
Check your diet, check your exercise, check your caffeine/alcohol intake, and check your 8 hours of peaceful sleep. All of those things in order?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 8:52:06 PM EDT by ARDOC]
The best advice is to see a competent primary care doctor.

Or if you are spartan, I know why you are depressed. GO BLUE!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:00:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
Check your diet, check your exercise, check your caffeine/alcohol intake, and check your 8 hours of peaceful sleep. All of those things in order?

Nothing in that sense has changed at all. I don't drink alcohol hardly ever, (maybe I need more) My diet has not changed. I get plenty of good sleep, I never did get much excersise other than work, and I don't haven't been drinking any more caffeine than normal.

Hmm.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:00:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:03:29 PM EDT by shop_rat45]

Originally Posted By ARDOC:
The best advice is to see a competent primary care doctor.

Or if you are spartan, I know why you are depressed. GO BLUE!

Thank god I'm not a Spartan, and I've but given up on the Lions. I may end up going to my doctor if this doesn't get any better.

ETA: I just recently got through a bunch of testing for a lump on my Thyroid. It turned out to be non-cancerous, and my Thyroid function seemed to be in check. The only thing I wonder about, is when my doctor did the blood test to check my thyroid function, I had not fasted at all. Does that matter?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:02:39 PM EDT
Seriously Shoprat, go see a doc, there are a lot of conditions that can cause your symptoms. They need to sort that out for you. These bums here are only going to lead you astray.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:04:21 PM EDT

Seriously Shoprat, go see a doc, there are a lot of conditions that can cause your symptoms. They need to sort that out for you. These bums here are only going to lead you astray.

Can you give me a bit of advice on my ETA from the previous post? Here it is again:

ETA: I just recently got through a bunch of testing for a lump on my Thyroid. It turned out to be non-cancerous, and my Thyroid function seemed to be in check. The only thing I wonder about, is when my doctor did the blood test to check my thyroid function, I had not fasted at all. Does that matter?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:05:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:

Can you give me a bit of advice on my ETA from the previous post? Here it is again:

No, they would have run a thyroid panel on you and diet has no bearing on the results. If you are diabetic, some of the sugar tests can be effected by diet. But thyroid is independent of your diet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:19:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:22:52 PM EDT by eye_spy]

OK, for the last month or so, my wife and I have been very drawn out and without energy. I'm getting sick of it and want to figure out what is causing it. I have a feeling that it is some form of depression or stress. We have both been working 10-12hrs a day, are in the process of building a new house, and are doing some work on our current house to get it ready to sell. All though I don't feel very stressed, I'm pretty sure I am.
Kris

I am almost certain it is STRESS .... even though you may not think it may be. But, DO have a check-up as mentioned above just to be sure.

[ETA: sorry, i'm not a doctor but I think i've been in your situation in the past ...]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:46:07 AM EDT
Sounds like stress.

<­BR>

Or possibly AIDS.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:01:57 AM EDT

thyroid.about.com/od/gettestedanddiagnosed/a/tshtests.htm
I'm no doc, but about the fasting, it looks like it depends on the type of thyroid test,

I don't think you're depressed unless you feel you should be. Take a moment to evaluate your contentment in your life. The only thing psychological therapy will do for you is allow you to come to the conclusion that you're depressed (if you are indeed), then take steps to reduce the stressors in your life.

+1 on examining your sleep habits. You'd be surprised how much bad sleep affects a person's health.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:19:07 AM EDT
Unplug your computer and tv for three days and get some light exercise
(if it works for you........maybe I'll try it too)
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 1:54:12 AM EDT by raven]
I only know you through the internet, and you're ok.

Newlywed, building a house, young, live in the USA?

People would literally kill and die for what you have.

Stop whining
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:57:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAndRetarded:
Or possibly AIDS.

Fullblown...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:02:58 AM EDT
If you're depressed, you'll know it. You won't need to ask Arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:30:13 AM EDT
Do you have a CO alarm in the house?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:51:43 AM EDT

ARFCOM Doctors!! I need your advice! Am I depressed or what?

I'm depressed that you would ask for medical advice on a gun board.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:09:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2005 6:42:51 AM EDT by wildearp]
Running your heater? CO poisoning? Water heater?

Building a house is like running your body through a wringer. Take a 3 day vacation and get out of town!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:47:12 AM EDT
Sounds environmental or stress-related if both you and your wife are suffering from the same symptoms.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:15:22 AM EDT
Do you snore?

Are you...ahem...a bit on the heavy side?

Sleep apnea?

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:31:36 AM EDT

So, here are my symptoms:

Getting out of bed is the hardest part of my day. I have no ambition to move. I get soo comfortable and just don't want to get up. After I am out of bed, I don't feel like doing anything. After I get up and do something, I feel OK. When I sit back down, I feel like falling back asleep. I get headaches probably 2-3 times a week and my wife is almost every other day. All I want to do is lay around and watch TV or sit in front of the computer. I'm getting sick of it!!!

So, any ideas?

Kris

That says it all. You and your wife are allergic to each other. Auction her off on EvilBAY!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:57:27 AM EDT

... wife and I have been very drawn out and without energy ...

Kris

... The fact that it's affecting you both indicates to me that it's a product of your environment.

To initiate an effective root-cause analysis, ask yourself some fundamental questions:

(1) What in your domicile is different now than it was a year ago? (foods, drinks, pets, plants, moldy antiques etc.)

(2) What effect has the new home had on both your sleep habits that were non-existent before you started?

(3) Are you no longer in your financial "comfort zone"?

... I think you have all the evidence before you to determine the cause. Once you're 80-20 sure you suspect that element, if possible, remove it from the equation for a few weeks. I would bet you'll be back to your old selves.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
What's your diet like? Sometimes when your working long hours you tend to eat wacky things that have an adverse effect on your body - especially high starchy foods with loads of MSG & Sodium Nitrate in them. Take a look at what you eat and make sure you're eating clean [pure] healthy well balanced foods.

How much exercise are you getting? If you're working long hours you might try getting up 15 minutes early [I know but try] and doing 10 minutes of calicentics [jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, arms twists etc] and stretching exercises followed by 5 minutes of uninterrupted meditation. During the 5 minutes of meditation free your mind of all thought and only concentrate on your body. Make sure every muscle in your body is relax. Do a mental inventory of each and every major muscle group and concentrate on it until its relaxed.

Patty
Top Top