Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 10:06:42 PM EDT
Some of you might recall reading from this topic about teh airsoft queershttp://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=333182

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ETA: Ya'll may be interested to know that Col. Danny McKnight, MSSG Howard Mullen both attend Lion Claws every year.  You may recognize their names.

Hmmm, I don't recognize them. Care to help a guy out?

You'll recognize Col McKnight's name from Somalia, '93.

Those who attended ranger school would have a very good chance of being under MSSG Mullen's boot.

I'll believe that when I see it.  And what the fuck rank is MSSG?

Well, someone mentioned a  Col. Danny McKnight and a MSSG Howard Mullen being frequent participants in these "Ops". My first thought was, that's total BS , I've never heard of THEM before!

A little googling and guess what!

http://www.spartanimports.com/news.html
Go ctrl-f and find somalia.

Alpha Company Commander – A combat veteran, Col(ret) Danny McKnight is the former Commander 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment and was the commander of Task Force Ranger during the famous Somalia incident as portrayed in Black Hawk Down (his role was played by Tom Sizemore in the movie).

Bravo Company Commander - MSgt(ret) Howard “Mad Max” Mullen is a 20+ year Army veteran with combat experience in Panama and Grenada and a former Ranger instructor that has served with all 3 Ranger battalions the and Regimental HQ. A hand-to-hand combat expert, he co-authored the US Army Combatives Manual.

http://www.voyagertoys.com/product_details.cfm?product_id=3496
http://www.mibglobal.com.au/prod2704.htm
This Mcknight guy even has ACTION FIGURES of himself! Can't really go wrong with that
http://www.cimmerians.org/Unit_Roster.htmlThe MSSG Howard Mullen guy is listed on this "roster" along with a bunch of other guys supposedly in uniform.

Still think its BS?

I still think airsoft is teh ghey, but let's face it: these guys are for REAL!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What's BS is the airsoft posers going through a few of their "maneuvers" and thinking their "combat hardened," equal to Col. McKnight and MSgt Mullen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope this isn't an effort to legitimize Airsoft nerds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that's true. I'm in NO WAY sympathizing with all those other "Uber" tactical people. however, I'm VERY shocked to see these two respectable men engaging in these such activities.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#5]
airsofters annoy me, it would be cool to jump in on one of their games with a paintball gun
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
airsofters annoy me, it would be cool to jump in on one of their games with a paintball gun

You mean simunition right? Wait... that's not nice and a tad dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It would be even cooler to have the real thing and let
off a few rounds in their general direction and watch them
have the "deer in the headlights" look.

Yes I know thats dangerous.
Airsofters are gay.

Sue me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#9]
And who are you again Mr 32 posts?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A retired Colonel and a retired MSgt play with airsoft... ummm... yeah right. hr

As much as I HATE to say it.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This Mcknight guy even has ACTION FIGURES of himself! Can't really go wrong with that!

Okay....I'm busted

SGtar15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
[email protected]
I think I'll shoot a friendly email demanding some clarification.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
[email protected]
I think I'll shoot a friendly email demanding some clarification.

Ask them what the color of their Diorama is.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:08:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Internet commandos calling other internet commandos gay...  

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]
As much as I hate to say it, you might be a little careful calling bullshit on this.  I once played paintball with Steve Hartman aka "Stevie Wonder" of Marcinko/Rogue Warrior fame.  He was starting a paintball field, and he's killed more people than cancer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
You know, I sit on this board and read thread after thread every day....This is "teh ghey" "get a life" all kinds of negative shit every day...  You know, I'm a former Marine, a LEO, and add to that a total, out of control, self-proclaimed gun-nut, and I find nothing wrong with airsoft.  If you enjoy plaing commando with your buddies, have fun.  If you are a retired Colonel who makes money by helping armchair commandos, kids, and "gasp!" military types train and have a good time...more power to you.  Enjoy your hobby.  I'm sure that lots of folks look at me and my expensive  AR-15s and pistols and spend hours on the internet on sites like DU and call me "ghey."  You airsofters out there...have fun and enjoy it before these internet commandos ban your fun too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Retired people like money, too.

Airsofters are Uber willing to spend Uber bucks, especially if REAL warriors are around and might rub off on the Uber aura.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#18]
ummm, definitely not BS, please see their page here.  And I also remember a thread over at Lightfighter a month or so ago about this.  It seems there's quite a few airsofters over there who have met and "played" with these guys.  Hell, if I were into airsoft and those two showed up, I'd be pretty into it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top