Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 3:47:24 PM EDT
ARA - Assault Rifles Anonymous...  

I just started the revised 12 step program and need help getting the steps correct but I'm bettin' there are those online, whose verbose nature will allow them to take my basic 12 steps and alter and enhance them to better apply to our shared affliction...

No rules - just work with whats here  and feel free to make any changes you think will work...  Have fun...[:D]

Next time we'll design a 30 day chip(I have bought no assault weapon for 30 days)...

Here they are...

1. We admitted we were powerless over Assault Rifles - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. (NRA)

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Ted Nugent although we don't understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of weapons.

5. Admitted to The Hun, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have NRA remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were low on ammo promptly got more.

11. Sought through shooting and medication to improve our conscious contact with Goatboy as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to assaultrifleaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ARA - Assault Rifles Anonymous...  

1. We admitted we were powerless over Assault Rifles - that our [blue]WIVES[/blue] had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. (NRA)

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Ted Nugent although we don't understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of weapons [blue]and ammo[/blue]

5. Admitted to The Hun, to ourselves and to another [blue]AR-15.com member[/blue] the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have [blue]Campy Bob[/blue] remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked [blue]DonR[/blue] to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to [blue]most of them.[/blue]

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure [blue](Kaboom)[/blue] them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were low on ammo promptly got more.

11. Sought through shooting and medication to improve our conscious contact with Goatboy as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to assaultrifleaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

View Quote

[blue]My 2 cents worth[/blue]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top