Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2001 10:37:37 AM EDT
Has anyone actualy seen ballistics on one of these pistols like the ones from professional ordnace and where I could find them
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been wondering about this also.  I have read that with all the short barreled AR variants in use with police and military units there is a push for ammo that is designed to work better from a short barrel, but have heard nothing about it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Find that chart that is posted every other week showing various .223 bullet velocities and extrapolate the difference down to the desired length. I think that the chart goes from 24" to 14.5" using 55 grain FMJ.

Nosler Ballistic tips would be my choice in an AR-pistol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I found some of this info pretty useful.  
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=23498#lastPost
I still think the Carbon 15 would be a really, really cool toy, but only that, until someone tweaks the ammo just right.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top