Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2001 9:33:36 AM EDT
Hello

I do not have an AR yet "it will be comeing"

I just wanted to ask a "newbe" question .

Should I be trying to find high compasity mags for the AR I plan to get in the next year .

I mean will 20-30 round mags be sold in the next year , or is there a chance that some anit will pass a bill saying "that cuz some retard shot up his work place with a rifle that had a "high compasity mag" that they can no longer be sold" ?

Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about "I'm new to all this" .

regards: AR15wanabe
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
AR15Wanabe,
You will probably always be able to get hi-capacity mags. It is just what will you have eo pay for them. Example the $20 Glock mags selling for $100 and up. Good 30 rounders can be had for $15-20 used and $20-25 for new in wrap(NIW). Buy good GI mags and you will have invested wisely. Check out the Equipment Exchange section and start studying the prices etc.
Look for the good deals not the bad steals.[:)]
[heavy]
Lynn
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Lynn...
[heavy]

Also check out the Mag Forum...
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
If you buy now you will have saved money, if you wait prices may go up.  And you can always make money selling them in the future.
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks for the info. !
I don't mind paying extra , but I think I will try and find a few good 20 and 30 round mags next gun show I make it to .

As long they arn't going to ban them soon I will be happy [^]

Regards: AR15wanabe

[grenade]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy USGI, they will work in any AR.  The aftermarket brands, like USA and so on, don't work well in a lot of AR's.  I have about 9 30rd Orlites for my Colt and have had no problems with functioning, however, Its hard for me to attest to their durability when I keep them stored in my safe.  I hear Thermolds are a little bit better than Orlites but I have no experience with them.  Buy some Colt-AR15 brand 20's with the aluminum follower, they are my favorite for shooting.   You can find them used if you look for them.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Paul,
That is my theory too.[:)]
I'm looking for a few M1A/M14 "seeds" now. Hehe.[:D]
Lynn  [uzi]        [heavy]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL ....I would love it if you could by gun seeds , and in the next few years it sprouted AR's . [:D]

[pyro][rocket][shotgun][grenade][rail][kill][frag] [sniper] [smash] [pistol] [chainsawkill]

Link Posted: 2/9/2001 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Too bad steyr aug mags could'nt sprout an aug. i must not be using the right fertilizer.[:p]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately my Galil 25rd .308's didn't sprout yet either.

It's been over five years already!!!![:(!]

But I have noticed that AR mags sprout faster.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]
My AR mags sprouted within weeks.  [:D]  [beer] [sniper]
[frag] [grenade] [heavy] [kill] [chainsaw] [flag] [chainsawkill][puke] [pyro] [rail] [pistol]
Link Posted: 2/9/2001 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Mags at shows in Northern IL haven't been TOO bad.  15-20 bucks for used 20s and 30s.  Saw some really nice colt 20's for $20 each.  NIW GIs between 25 and 35 bucks.  You can get 'em cheaper online but there's something satisfying about cash and carry. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top