Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/17/2004 2:05:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 5:14:59 PM EST by M4-CQBR]
Looking for group of people to get together, swap stories, camp out, and shoot up north. ME, NH, MA, VT

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:14:16 PM EST
If someone starts a militia with two members, one is guaranteed to be a fed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:53:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By hielo:
If someone starts a militia with two members, one is guaranteed to be a fed.

AR15.com team members only. . .

I used the word militia to grab attention. Not with the intent of being fanatic with anti this or anti that views.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:57:17 PM EST
You have the Green Mountain Boys over in Vermont!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:58:58 PM EST
Carnivore is going nuts right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:58:58 PM EST
So If I give you the Membership fee to be a "Real" member of arfcom..I can play too?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:59:36 PM EST
I think the ideology behind militias are great. Training and preparing to help out in natural disasters and times of crisis are also very helpful.

But the problem is, the folks in charge who would be responsible for requesting such a group won't. Take a look at that Missouri 51st Militia group that was on Discovery Channel a few years ago. Those guys didn't come across as whackos at all. In fact, most of the guys they interviewed think and feel the same way I do. Yet nobody would ever request their service, even though they had some pretty impressive capabilities, simply because they had "militia" in their title.

People just won't touch a militia group with a 10 ft pole.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:05:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I think the ideology behind militias are great. Training and preparing to help out in natural disasters and times of crisis are also very helpful.

But the problem is, the folks in charge who would be responsible for requesting such a group won't. Take a look at that Missouri 51st Militia group that was on Discovery Channel a few years ago. Those guys didn't come across as whackos at all. In fact, most of the guys they interviewed think and feel the same way I do. Yet nobody would ever request their service, even though they had some pretty impressive capabilities, simply because they had "militia" in their title.

People just won't touch a militia group with a 10 ft pole.

I was thinking more or less of taking care of our own, not looking to be picked up for support by a failing policy in need of warm bodies ~ maybe I should change the word militia to shooting club and keep the rest for the meetings?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:05:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:10:46 PM EST
I'm already part of the militia. Unfortunately, the Gov't has not lived up to it's Constitutional mandate to regulate (train) me.

Remember, the militia is anyone who could be called to service in a national emergency.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:11:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:
I was thinking more or less of taking care of our own, not looking to be picked up for support by a failing policy in need of warm bodies ~ maybe I should change the word militia to shooting club and keep the rest for the meetings?

Ixnay on the word ilitiamay. Also ixnay on the term ootingshay lubcay.

The word "Volunteers" might be appropriate.

"Northeast States Volunteers" sounds innocuous enough. Downplay the tactical/survivalist angle to the public and push the volunteer/community service/disaster preparedness angle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:13:44 PM EST
The New England Training and Disaster Response Group.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:16:56 PM EST
National Standards for the State Militia

A Well Regulated Militia

Chance are there is a militia organization in your state but is not opento the public as the very term militia invites trouble.

True Neighbor Defense or some other name is not as scary as militia and wont scare the recruit as much.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:23:08 PM EST
I was thinking about this a little while ago. Not a militia, but a volunteer anti-terrorist task group sponsered by the local police or gov't. It would be trained in spotting terrorist activities, get updates on suspicious activities from the police and work from a recall roster. The group wouldn't take the place of the police, but help with the crisis, should something happen in the county.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:28:26 PM EST
Nope, won't happen, we live in the United States of America, home of unlimited liability. If the communist paratroopers were landing in the centers of every city, and overwhelming local response, there would not be a single governmental official who would look to milita for help.

You can bet on that with complete confidence!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:39:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:40:10 PM EST by STRATIOTES]

Originally Posted By hielo:
Nope, won't happen, we live in the United States of America, home of unlimited liability. If the communist paratroopers were landing in the centers of every city, and overwhelming local response, there would not be a single governmental official who would look to milita for help.

You can bet on that with complete confidence!

The hirerling has no interest in protecting anyone but it's-self as seen in the LA riots where gov authorities haul ass and flee in the face of danger leaving people to defend themselves, so it is better to prepare for a catastrophic event before it happens, don't worry about the gov it will be hiding in bunkers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:16:48 PM EST
Constitution of Virginia
Article I - Bill of Rights

Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power.

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alive and well in Virginia
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:35:54 PM EST
i would be happy just to get the AWB out of CT!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:40:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By napalm:

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

Ixnay on the word ilitiamay. Also ixnay on the term ootingshay lubcay.

The word "Volunteers" might be appropriate.

"Northeast States Volunteers" sounds innocuous enough. Downplay the tactical/survivalist angle to the public and push the volunteer/community service/disaster preparedness angle.

Uncle Sam really considers this his territory and dislikes anyone treading into his territory.

Uncle Sam would consider you guys a threat to it's power and creibility, not patriots. You'll be made a scapegoat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:42:47 PM EST

If someone starts a militia gun forum with two members, one is guaranteed to be a fed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:45:16 PM EST
I am not a fed, nor have I played one on TV.

Top Top