Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 8:43:30 PM EDT

I will admit to partaking of alcholic beverages on occasion but never enough to send email to people I don't even know. I have been receiving STRANGE email from person's unknown. Tonight I get a notice from my postmaster about an email that was undeliverable that was never sent by me.

WTF is going on?

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like klez all right. Wish everyone would run an anitvirus AND give the death penalty to these asshole virus writers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
LckyDevl, so that was you that's been emailing me with the offers on sex toys and body lotions and...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
   I run Norton 2002 and it is updated. It has the klez virus in the definitions. I have already checked. This is what has happened so far....

A couple of days ago I receive an email from operator_error. He is a member here right? I had an ad in EE at one time and thought someone was asking a question about it. When I opened it nothing happened. At all! The subject was "Eager To See You".   Is it getting spooky yet?

Oh at the same time I also received an email from sdjobs, the subject was re:information request   Nothing happened when I opened that one either.

I checked the antivirus logs and nothing is happening. Hang on and I will check my email system for the address that was returned.........

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LckyDevl, so that was you that's been emailing me with the offers on sex toys and body lotions and...
View Quote

No but if you are in need I am sure I can round up a few out of my wife's panty drawer [:D]

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]

I trashed the ones I received earlier but the one that is undeliverable goes like this:

The following mail can't be sent to [email protected]:

To: [email protected]
Subject: let's be friends

Is this close to anybody's address on this board?

And wouldn't my antivirus pick this up if it was this Klez crap? I run it every Friday and nothing hit. I received the first emails on Thursday the 4th.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Ohh. "Lets be friends". This is very bad juju. The klez uses that line but so do a couple of others. Run an anti viral program right now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I get email like that on my yahoo account.  All there is to it is a subject.  No body at all to the message.  Yahoo apparently cleans certain viruses and deletes them from incoming mail.  Maybe your provider does the same.  

These emails were coming from a friend of a friend of a friend with a virus.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Just ran Norton again. I am clean. Is this possibly a new virus or something?

This is such Mickey Mouse bullshit by the way! Get a life whoever you morons are! You might even accidentally get laid!

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#11]
AR15.com web-mail at home, Novell GroupWise at work = no viruses.

Edited to say:  Not very helpful to you, I just wanted to point that out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top