Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/6/2002 7:43:30 PM EST
I will admit to partaking of alcholic beverages on occasion but never enough to send email to people I don't even know. I have been receiving STRANGE email from person's unknown. Tonight I get a notice from my postmaster about an email that was undeliverable that was never sent by me. WTF is going on?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:47:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:50:29 PM EST
Sounds like klez all right. Wish everyone would run an anitvirus AND give the death penalty to these asshole virus writers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:59:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:01:51 PM EST
LckyDevl, so that was you that's been emailing me with the offers on sex toys and body lotions and...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:14:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/6/2002 8:40:14 PM EST by Lckydevl]
I run Norton 2002 and it is updated. It has the klez virus in the definitions. I have already checked. This is what has happened so far.... A couple of days ago I receive an email from operator_error. He is a member here right? I had an ad in EE at one time and thought someone was asking a question about it. When I opened it nothing happened. At all! The subject was "Eager To See You". Is it getting spooky yet? Oh at the same time I also received an email from sdjobs, the subject was re:information request Nothing happened when I opened that one either. I checked the antivirus logs and nothing is happening. Hang on and I will check my email system for the address that was returned.........
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:17:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By WhiskeyBravo: LckyDevl, so that was you that's been emailing me with the offers on sex toys and body lotions and...
View Quote
No but if you are in need I am sure I can round up a few out of my wife's panty drawer [:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:22:06 PM EST
I trashed the ones I received earlier but the one that is undeliverable goes like this: The following mail can't be sent to hmitc52683@aol.com: From: Lckydevl@excite.com To: hmitc52683@aol.com Subject: let's be friends Is this close to anybody's address on this board? And wouldn't my antivirus pick this up if it was this Klez crap? I run it every Friday and nothing hit. I received the first emails on Thursday the 4th.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:24:16 PM EST
Ohh. "Lets be friends". This is very bad juju. The klez uses that line but so do a couple of others. Run an anti viral program right now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:25:07 PM EST
I get email like that on my yahoo account. All there is to it is a subject. No body at all to the message. Yahoo apparently cleans certain viruses and deletes them from incoming mail. Maybe your provider does the same. These emails were coming from a friend of a friend of a friend with a virus.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:38:38 PM EST
Just ran Norton again. I am clean. Is this possibly a new virus or something? This is such Mickey Mouse bullshit by the way! Get a life whoever you morons are! You might even accidentally get laid!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:56:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/6/2002 8:57:51 PM EST by Chimborazo]
AR15.com web-mail at home, Novell GroupWise at work = no viruses. Edited to say: Not very helpful to you, I just wanted to point that out.
Top Top