Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 6:34:17 AM EDT
Hey VA guys,

I hope this isn't a dupe post.  I heard a detective on the radio this AM discussing a case where a guy in Faquier County VA apparently walked in on some scum in the process of stealing his gun collection and was murdered as he stepped through the door.  He was not shot with one of his own guns so apparently the murders brought a gun.  After killing the homeowner and emptying much of the house the house was set on fire in an attempt to destroy evidence.

According the the Investigator, an AR15 and a Desert Eagle were taken along with several other guns, bows, hunting equipment, cammo clothing etc.  Basically the kind of stuff most of us have a house full of.

If you happen to come across a deal on an AR or Desert Eagle in VA where anything seems a bit amiss, you should probably contact the Faquier County Sheriff.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.citizenet.com/news/articles/041703/law-order1.shtml[/url]

Here's a link, happened back in April, but I just heard about it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a real sad story, this guy's house was specifically target. It behoves all of us on this board to make double-sure that all equipment is secured, limit who has acess to your house, and maybe a security system. Sometimes it is not your children, but the friends of your children.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
This demonstrates why you people shouldn't go around here posting pics of your armory and bragging about all of the stuff you own. The feds, mjtf, state doj, and agent provocateurs aren't the only ones you have to worry about monitoring this and other gun boards.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This demonstrates why you people shouldn't go around here posting pics of your armory and bragging about all of the stuff you own. The feds, mjtf, state doj, and agent provocateurs aren't the only ones you have to worry about monitoring this and other gun boards.
View Quote
I agree with Imbro? Holy shit!!!

I feel a headache coming on...
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep!

I only buy what I intend on selling at the next gunshow.

If I walk around with a 10% markup on a NIB firearm at a gunshow long enough I'm bound to find some Gomer willing to buy it by the end of the day. Never fails.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
And the people on the board who dont think their collection won't make them a target for a home invasion...
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based on reading between the lines of what the detective said on the radio this AM, I betting it will be someone known to the victim.

I'm thinking instead of seeing a strange vehicle in the drive, he saw a vehicle owned by someone he knew.  He probably walked up thinking "what's Jerryray's truck doing here".

Why else would you just walk in and let yourself get shot?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And the people on the board who dont think their collection won't make them a target for a home invasion...
View Quote

So...we should all get rid of our guns, so criminals won't ever have a reason to bother us?

[Leftersons]"Maybe if we're nice to them, and let them know we're not a threat to them, they'll leave us alone."[/Leftersons]

Whew- done- they're all gone now. I now have no more guns. I feel safer already....[rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top