Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 7:35:04 AM EDT
I am our rangemaster and am lucky enough to belong to an accredited agency, which means we have a HUGE policy book.  If anyone here has a personally owned AR15 policy from their dept. I would love to see it. Please e-mail me and I can give you our dept. fax or address.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Frntsyt,

I also belong to an accredited agency.  A large one.  Surprisingly, our policy for personal AR’s is simple.  The rifle has to be exactly like the department’s AR’s, the member shall qualify with their personal rifle and the member shall carry the department issued ammo.  Pretty simple.  Only modifications allowed that can differ from the dept rifle is the sling.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I should have added that we have no provision for AR's at all right now.  We have personally owned pistols (off the approved list) and department issued 870's in the squad loaded with Fed Tactical Slugs. Not bad, but I would like to get AR's in the squads. If they are individually owned, no money outlay by the department might help the sell. Art in KY, I will be emailing you. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top