Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 5:24:29 AM EST
I downloaded RealOne (reel player) last night, and this am I noticed that there's a "free offer" icon on my desktop from AOHELL, and some other BS icon that I sent to the recycle bin. The problem is I can't find the damn file to delete IT froom my system. It's under program files, programfiles/reelplayer/somebs/something.exe When I open reel player I see a couple of files, but can't find the one for the AOL BS, can I get it off? Or should I just shoot my puter and put it out of its misery?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:10:13 AM EST
If you did not empty the recycle bin yet, restore the file, right-click and select Properties. Do a "Find Target". This should point to the parent. If you emptied the bin already, open Explorer. Select "Tools", "Folder Options", "View". Check the setting of "Hidden Files And Folders". Choose to show them. Maybe it's a hidden file. Last resort, do a search for any file modified in the last day or two. Maybe one will be the one you are looking for.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:20:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/29/2002 8:39:42 AM EST by PONY_DRIVER]
Thanks, I did a TGT search and found the file path, but couldn't find the damn file. If I ever find/meet the person responsible for shit like that I'll fucking kill them! Well maybee I'l just brand "AOL PROGRAMMER" on their forehead...the publics reaction would be much sweeter revenge. EDIT: "C:\Program Files\Online Services\AOL\AOL50US.EXE" -R"7J-6450-8061:DRINKS-POSEUR" I can't find these GD files under add/remove software! WTF??? I deleted the shortcuts before, but they're back! Wait, Aha! They had the folder labled "aod"! I think I've got it now...
Top Top