Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/5/2008 3:16:33 PM EDT
I would really like to have a SBR AR-15 but according to the State by State NFA link Alabama does not allow SBR. Can I get a AR pistol and register is as an AOW and put a stock and forend grip on it? And if so would the fee be $200 for both the stock and grip or $200 Each. Thanks in advance and I hope I made this clear enough.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:59:24 PM EDT
You can put a forward grip on it and register it as an AOW for a 200 dollar tax.

If you put a stock on it it will be an SBR not an AOW.

An AOW cannot have a shoulder stock.

If you know a Manufacturer that will register it as an AOW for you the transfer fee is only 5 dollars for an AOW
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:12:28 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. I'll make some phone calls and see If I can find a mfg around my area somewhere. Also would it need to be a certain type of mfg? I'm new to all of the NFA stuff.
Top Top