Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/6/2002 4:56:05 PM EST
Can someone explain to me,or direct me to info on registering an AOW? Can I do this in New York?
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 7:19:10 PM EST
Not sure if you can do it in New York - they're pretty bad about most NFA stuff. The procedure, however, is: 1) Get ATF Form 1 - fill it out in duplicate 2) Get passport photos and 2 ATF fingerprint cards done 3) Take to sheriff, police chief, etc, get them to sign the CLEO certification 4) Send to ATF with check for $200 5) When approved copy comes back with cancelled stamp, you're free to buy the parts and build the AOW, and mark it as required with your name and city/state.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:41:40 PM EST
If you want to save money, it may be cheaper to have a type 7/SOT make it for you, register and then have it transferred to you for $5. If the type 7 charges you $50 or $100 to assemble the AOW, you saved some $$$ for other goodies. Just a thought. mark
Top Top