Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:06:21 AM EDT
Anyone use the Oakley Assualt boots? Do the curved edges help? Are they cumfy? What about thier Assualt Gloves? Good, worth it?? I can get them brand new for $150 total? Good deal?

Lots a questions I know. Thanks for the help, Gents.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:47 AM EDT
The boots are nice but I've seen a couple of them develop a squeak when you walk.

Never used the gloves.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:11:08 AM EDT
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!!?!?@
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:27 AM EDT
I have the boots, and I am not particularly fond of them. They are HOT, they do not breathe at all. I feel they not offer adequate traction on surfaces such as wet pavement or concrete. Finally, unless you are buying LE/.mil, they are freaking expensive tennis shoes!JMO, and YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:15:50 AM EDT
I use the boots when I am on missions, I love them, too bad I cant wear them back at camp, stupid BS rules
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:18:39 AM EDT
sorry fight I'm losing my voice........

or lost my CAPSLOCK button
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:20:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PunisherDude06:
Anyone use the Oakley Assualt boots? Do the curved edges help? Are they cumfy? What about thier Assualt Gloves? Good, worth it?? I can get them brand new for $150 total? Good deal?

Lots a questions I know. Thanks for the help, Gents.

Oakley boots: Just buy boots that are 3 sizes too small
Oakley Gloves: Just buy gloves that are 2 sizes too small

That is assuming they follow the trend with their eyewear.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:20:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:54:52 AM EDT

Since you fessed up, I'll give you the hookup:

5.11 HRT 2-for-1 Boot Blowout

This is the best boot deal we have ever offered! With this offer you get two pairs of boots in the size you order. You get one pair of 5.11 HRT Desert Sand boots and one pair of 5.11 HRT Desert Camo boots. You are getting about $340 Dollars worth of boots for $89 bucks!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:12:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

This is the best boot deal we have ever offered! With this offer you get two pairs of boots in the size you order. You get one pair of 5.11 HRT Desert Sand boots and one pair of 5.11 HRT Desert Camo boots. You are getting about $340 Dollars worth of boots for $89 bucks!

store1.yimg.com/I/policestuff_1883_72430672

Hmm... not sure what to think about this.

Either its a great smokin' deal on some great boots, or,
they figured out they were junk and are blowin' them out the door to get rid of them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:15:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Hmm... not sure what to think about this.

Either its a great smokin' deal on some great boots, or,
they figured out they were junk and are blowin' them out the door to get rid of them.

I'll find out soon - I ordered some

I figure it's a color overstock thing
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:34:19 AM EDT
I have been wearing the Oakley Tan boots for the last 3-4 months mostly working near the equator in South America and have not found them to be hot. Yes they squeak when wet on tile and concrete, but I dont find myself walking on tile or concret much.

I used to wear 9.5 green jungle boots, and the 9.5 Oakleys fit perfect.

I also have a pair of the 511s and do not like them in the least bit. Wore them one day and put them back in the closet. They are way too high up on my shins. I feel like Im walking wearing a cast on my legs with them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:35:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:
I have been wearing the Oakley Tan boots for the last 3-4 months mostly working near the equator in South America and have not found them to be hot. Yes they squeak when wet on tile and concrete, but I dont find myself walking on tile or concret much.

I also have a pair of the 511s and do not like them in the least bit. Wore them one day and put them back in the closet. They are way too high up on my shins. I feel like Im walking wearing a cast on my legs with them.

Are the tan ones any lighter weight than the black? My feet cook in the black ones!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:49:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 7:50:24 AM EDT by AcidGambit]

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:

Are the tan ones any lighter weight than the black? My feet cook in the black ones!

Depends on which tan ones you get... The desert version (think jungle boot) is cool.
The black or tan all leather are really hot IMHO.

I don't think they hold up real well, if you get them for the Mil/LE price, they are fine. The civvy retail price is a fucking rip off.

The gloves are awsome.

I wear Bellville goretex (full leather) and smartwool socks in the summer time. I think they are cooler than the full leather Oak's.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:54:25 AM EDT
I have 2 pairs of the 5.11 boots in black (with the zipper sides) and they are pretty comfortable.
I have a pair of Oakly boots, but not the Assault sneaker. I tried on the assault sneaker, and didn't like it because it had no ankle support.

I haven't worn anything but boots in the last 8 years of so, because my ankles are in crappy shape, and I need all the support for them that I can get.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:49:39 AM EDT
I cant pass up a deal so I ordered a set of the HRT 5-11's !!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:49:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

store1.yimg.com/I/policestuff_1883_72430672

Have any of you guys who ordered from this company received your orders yet?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:00:35 PM EDT
I have has a pair of the boots for about 3 years now. Very comfortable boots; yes, they squeak when wet. You can get them cheaper from the manufacturer with a .mil or LEO discount if you qualify for either.
Top Top