Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 2:22:39 PM EDT
God, how I hate these fucking reporters....

2 guys, one is "examining" a SHOTGUN when it goes off, striking him in the NECK.  Hmmm... Somehow I don't think we've got the WHOLE story here.

[url]http://wcbs880.com/nynews/NY--ConstructionWorke-on/resources_news_html[/url]

Worker dies when found gun discharges
Saturday June 21, 2003

NEW YORK (AP) A construction worker died after a shotgun he found in a trash container at a work site accidentally discharged, striking him in the neck, police said.

Orano Stepcic, 52, found the gun in a case he pulled from a container near where he was working on Woodward Avenue in the Ridgewood section of Queens on Friday morning, police said.

Police said Stepcic was examining the gun with a coworker when it went off at about 7:50 a.m., killing him.

An investigation is continuing, said police spokeswoman Det. Cheryl Crispin. Police were trying to trace the gun's owner.

Stepcic, who worked for a Queens contracting company, lived in Garden City Park.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
We all know here that it's not the firearm...

however, it just dawned on me... these "just went off" scenarios, only happen when the firearms in question are being handled.

are there any reports of this happening when firearms just sit there, untouched?  

Not to my knowledge!

but as we all know, it's all too easy to blame inanimate objects [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Police said Stepcic was examining the gun with a coworker when it went off at about 7:50 a.m., killing him.
View Quote

It must have been on a timer.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It must have been on a timer.[rolleyes]
View Quote

Hah! Nice shot!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It is stories like this that worry me.

I only have One firearm that I trust not to shoot me while I am sleeping.

The rest I keep locked up in a safe.

While they are out of lock down I do not turn my back on them.

I do not trust my SUV either.

Too many SUVs crashing into and running over people, even their owners.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
They're fighting back.  The guns are getting fed up with the BATF and the liberals always wanting to destroy them.  they are starting in NY and LA and expanding to the other liberal territories.  Then, when all that is left is the gun loving conservative patriotic Americans, the guns will be happy and stop just going off for no reason.  Anyone see the movie Maximum Overdrive?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]

but as we all know, it's all too easy to blame inanimate objects [rolleyes]
View Quote

I mean... It's not like they can defend themselves, right?

Unless you point it at your body or look down the barrel, then it will "just go off" and defend itself...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top