Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2001 9:20:49 AM EDT
  Has anybody ever heard of the AMT Lightning 25/22? I've only seen them in a publication that came out in 1985, and they seem to have dropped off the earth after that. Anybody have any info?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Very few guns that AMT or any of it's aliases produced actually worked.  Lemons.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an AMT .380 back up DAO. It runs like a scalded dog. I must have gotten one of the few.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a steel 10/22 receiver, with a threaded-in barrel.
The Ruger has an aluminum receiver, with a barrel held in by a V-block.

The AMT version was actually superior, but didn't sell quite as well(duh).

I have an AMT Hardballer Longslide, and I'm very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
It was made completely out of stainless steal. They worked fine; it was an exact copy of the Ruger 10/22 it being stainless was the only difference. They stopped producing them when Ruger threaten to sue. John
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
My Automag III kicks ass.  Never a problem...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top