Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 7:56:45 AM EDT

With subterfuge, misdirection, hidden information and blatant lies told to the
American people, we should ask: how gullible ARE we?

www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Although I scored a 79 and am classified a  " free thinker" by them..  I have to wonder about a few of these..  like the reason they give we bombed Japan...

Realist out
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You get a 100 for not realizing how stupid that poll is.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Your GF score is 88.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)
Mind slave    Free thinker
0  (You) 100

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn,, I only got a 67.  maybe it's because I disagree with some of their "correct" answers. The Japan thing is a good example. How many lives were saved by ending the war once and for all??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if you just answer false to everything, you get an 88.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I scored a little above the middle mark.

All falses will give you an 85 score. That pretty much indicates the questions are somewhat slanted.
You can tell by the wording of the questions and their context what the answer should be.

Some of that shit is pretty frustrating to know anything about. Some of it is probably a little tin-foil hatty.

Ones that concern me, though I'm not entirely sure they should...
- Mercury in silver fillings: Haven't they been using gold more and more these days for fillings?
- How exactly am I eating chicken poop? The cow digests its, and poops back out what it's body doesn't need. So unless you're eating a cows stomach and digestive tracts I don't see the concern.
- American History in schools: I have no doubt a lot of what's taught is actually US propaganda. Imagine if they taught the whole truth and nothing bu tthe truth. This country would be in chaos.
- Carmine (ground up bugs): In some countries bugs are a delicasy. Not to say those countries are not living in the stone age, but I think that one is just there for the gross out factor.
- Pharmaceuticals cost so much: That one just pisses me off. Not sure how to validate that one.
- Federal Reserve is a private organization: Huh... I'm stupid. Guess the illuminate are running the country afterall.
- Fluoride: Eh, whattya gonna do? It hasn't killed me yet and the people who knowing do this are more than likely drinking it to... what's that say about them?
- sodium nitrite: "The USDA actually tried to ban sodium nitrite in the 1970's, but was overruled by the food industry, which wanted to keep using the ingredient because it turns meats bright red, making them look fresh.". Great news.
- "Gas hydrates": Ok... so, if someone knows about it what's stopping some corporations from using it?
- Having a baby is a patent violation: That's just stupid.
- ADHD: I think there's more to it than diet/nutrition. Not to say that ADHD isn't fabricated but the behavior that is common with it, I think, is partly a behavioral trait genetically passed on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the top 5% You are a Free Thinker....Blah Blah Blah.

Love some of the LIBERAL BS explanations of the answers
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Answering "TRUE" to all gets a 16!

Mind slave
You are a total mind slave, utterly controlled by corporate and government interests. Even though you think you are a free person living in a free society, all your beliefs, decisions and behaviors have been decided for you. You are easily to manipulate and represent the "ideal consumer" desired by Big Business and organized medicine. Government likes you, too, as you will always do what you are told and rarely question the reality constructed for you by authority figures.

If you were in The Matrix, you would definitely take the blue pill. In fact, you are much like all coppertops: you think you're living in the real world, but you're actually plugged in to a propaganda machine that shapes your reality for you.

Your architects: The architects of your world are marketing companies, the mainstream media, your peers and government propaganda. Had you been a German citizen in 1939, you would have made a loyal Nazi.

Action steps: If you ever truly wish to be a free individual, you are in desperate need of a belief system overhaul. Disconnect your cable television, stop hanging out with socialite, brain-numbed friends, and start getting your information from independent sources like NewsTarget or other sites mentioned in the explanation below.

Their explanations seem to all come from the same chip-on-the-shoulder line of thought, and a few are just outright wrong.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, mostly tin-foil-hat material, but I DO wonder about cancer.  I work for a cancer research hospital and I can tell you, it's BIG business.  Money flows in from all kinds of sources.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

- Federal Reserve is a private organization: Huh... I'm stupid. Guess the illuminate are running the country afterall.

Technically the Fed Bank is a private branch of the government that supports itself by buying and selling bonds.  Any money made is turned over to the treasury at the end of the year.

This one is full of it though:

Inflation is a natural side effect of a healthy, growing economy.
FALSE. Monetary inflation, which saps the buying power of your dollars, is intentionally caused by the expansion of the money supply which is, in turn, controlled by the Federal Reserve. The net effect is a hidden tax on Americans' income and savings (a tax most people never notice). In an honest economy, the money supply would remain constant, and the annual inflation rate would be zero. Inflation is not natural, it's a manipulation that acts as hidden taxation.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No, I answered true on a couple and still got an 88.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#14]
A lot of those are really really stupid.  You have to drink their koolaid to believe the results.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A lot of those are really really stupid.  You have to drink their koolaid to believe the results.

+1

I got the feeling about halfway through that I was gullible for taking the fucking quiz.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Welcome to the top 5% You are a Free Thinker....Blah Blah Blah.

Love some of the LIBERAL BS explanations of the answers

I was think more 'libertarian' explanations. They don't seem to have as much of a liberal bent as they do an almost anarchistic  bent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Indeed.

Some of the statements are correct.

Some have a tinfoil quotient that is toxic.

The pharmaceuticals question and hydrogen question gives it away as a libbie-greenie tinfoil source.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#19]

I am going to say, they are all true...  

some of the wording you might question though..and the lack of all the info, like the bombing decision.

snopes has most of these.. and yes   the crap in yogurt and etc is ground up bugs

www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/bugjuice.htm
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I got the feeling about halfway through that I was gullible for taking the fucking quiz.

+1 The quiz is a bunch of bunk
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#22]

www.nccn.net/~wwithin/amalgam.htm

152,000 sites on google about it..

Colorado made it law for mercury free denistry..

The list is staggering..  and no, Gold is expensive...  silver fillings are the most used today
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

snopes has most of these.. and yes   the crap in yogurt and etc is ground up bugs

While researching my mother's dye allergies (she is allergic to Red #40) it was disturbing to find out that several common dyes are made out of ground up insects and the like.

Ew.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

some of the wording you might question though..and the lack of all the info, like the bombing decision.

Dude, the Hydrogen one is patently false. Do some research.

Dude.. I did a search..    hydrates exist..

woodshole.er.usgs.gov/project-pages/hydrates/

marine.usgs.gov/fact-sheets/gas-hydrates/title.html

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Dude...  I did read it..maybe you better read it...

the quiz said....  "All the clean hydrogen we need to power the world is already contained in crystals at the bottom of the ocean called gas hydrates. "

Because the gas is held in a crystal structure, gas molecules are more densely packed than in conventional or other unconventional gas traps. Gas-hydrate-cemented strata also act as seals for trapped free gas. These traps provide potential resources, but they can also represent hazards to drilling, and therefore must be well understood. Production of gas from hydrate-sealed traps may be an easy way to extract hydrate gas because the reduction of pressure caused by production can initiate a breakdown of hydrates and a recharging of the trap with gas.

It may not be cost effective to refine it at todays prices.. but there is enough to supply the world
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I knew alot of the "true" answers, menaing they wre true, but only so far, Hydrogen offshor, yep, an deeper than shit too, good luck mining it cost effectifely

The Japan thing

I already knew about insects being ground up for dyes, it is not like it has not been common practice for decades

My favorite is the Cows eating chicken parts and offal.....    They don't up here, legislated into law they are not to be fed animal remains, worries about BSE and the like.....   And I am certain it is law down there now too

all in all it was a funny conspiracy theory kind of test
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I knew alot of the "true" answers, menaing they wre true, but only so far, Hydrogen offshor, yep, an deeper than shit too, good luck mining it cost effectifely

The Japan thing

I already knew about insects being ground up for dyes, it is not like it has not been common practice for decades

My favorite is the Cows eating chicken parts and offal.....    They don't up here, legislated into law they are not to be fed animal remains, worries about BSE and the like.....   And I am certain it is law down there now too

all in all it was a funny conspiracy theory kind of test

Like I said..  a lot of it is in the wording..  dont believe it's  against the law for cows to eat chicken parts anywhere yet...  they just cant consume themselves..

www.nodowners.org/media_ap8.htm
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#30]
My score was

That's odd.

That test sure seems to have some left leaning to it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#31]
a lot of dentists aren't using metal at all for fillings any more
they use some sort of ceramic stuff
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Wow, I got a 97!  

I guess that tinfoil hat is doing some good after all!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude...  I did read it..maybe you better read it...

the quiz said....  "All the clean hydrogen we need to power the world is already contained in crystals at the bottom of the ocean called gas hydrates. " Unfortunately for the idiot making the quiz, he does not understand the difference between methane which is CH4 and molecular hydrogen which is H2.  Both are gasses. One can exist in hydrate form at the pressures and tempatures that exist in deep ocaninc sediments and the other boils at several hundred degrees below zero.  They are not interchangable.  Not to mention that H2 molecules are so tiny, they would slip right thru the hydrate cage.

Because the gas is held in a crystal structure, gas molecules are more densely packed than in conventional or other unconventional gas traps. Gas-hydrate-cemented strata also act as seals for trapped free gas. These traps provide potential resources, but they can also represent hazards to drilling, and therefore must be well understood. Production of gas from hydrate-sealed traps may be an easy way to extract hydrate gas because the reduction of pressure caused by production can initiate a breakdown of hydrates and a recharging of the trap with gas.

It may not be cost effective to refine it at todays prices.. but there is enough to supply the world Except for the pesky fact that there is no such thing

The word Hydrate is in reference to the presence of H2O AKA WATER!

Dude, you are having major reading compreshesion problems, it is in the form of METHANE not hydrogen.  The statement is patently false.  SHOW ME EVIDENCE OF HYDROGEN HYDRATES!

Arguing that there are hydrogen hydrates is to argue nonsense like arguing that pink flying unicorns exist

So, where is the hydrogen?

This is from the Woods Hole link you provided and did not read:

as Hydrate: What is it?

Hydrate Cage A gas hydrate is a crystalline solid; its building blocks consist of a gas molecule surrounded by a cage of water molecules. Thus it is similar to ice, except that the crystalline structure is stabilized by the guest gas molecule within the cage of water molecules. Many gases have molecular sizes suitable to form hydrate, including such naturally occurring gases as carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, and several low-carbon-number hydrocarbons, but most marine gas hydrates that have been analyzed are methane hydrates.

Any mention of hydrogen here?  Umm...NO!

Where Hydrate is Happy
Stability diagram showing curve representing the stability of Gas Hydrate in sea water

Gas Hydrate Stability Curve
To the left is a curve representing the stability of Gas Hydrate in sea water. Pressure and temperature are two of the major factors controlling where the hydrate(solid) or methane gas will be stable. Whether or not gas hydrate actually forms depends on the amount of gas available.
Gas Hydrate Stability in Ocean Sediments
The diagram to the right shows where the same stability curve above crosses the temperatures of ocean sediments.
  Stability diagram showing where the same stability curve above crosses the temperatures of ocean sediments

Capacity to Trap Gas
Hydrate forms as cement in the pore spaces of sediment as well as in layers and nodules of pure hydrate. Hydrates also seem to have the capacity to fill sediment pore space and reduce permeability, so that hydrate-cemented sediments act as seals for gas traps.

Gas hydrates are stable at the temperatures and pressures that occur in ocean-floor sediments at water depths greater than about 500 meters, and at these pressures they are stable at temperatures above those for ice stability. Gas hydrates also are stable in association with permafrost in the polar regions, both in offshore and onshore sediments. Gas hydrates bind immense amounts of methane in sea-floor sediments. Hydrate is a gas concentrator; the breakdown of a unit volume of methane hydrate at a pressure of one atmosphere produces about 160 unit volumes of gas. The worldwide amount of methane in gas hydrates is considered to contain at least 1x104 gigatons of carbon in a very conservative estimate). This is about twice the amount of carbon held in all fossil fuels on earth.

Gas hydrate concentration occurs at depocenters, probably because most gas in hydrate is from biogenic methane, and therefore it is concentrated where there is a rapid accumulation of organic detritus (from which bacteria generate methane) and also where there is a rapid accumulation of sediments (which protect detritus from oxidation).

Therefore, it is patently obvious that the testmaker did not know what the hell he was talking about when he wrote that question.

hydrogen sulfide
Perhaps the author is an idiot.. but it does state that hydrogen sulfide exits which is a gas..  a bit stinky though  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, the Hydrogen one is patently false. Do some research.

Definite +1 to that.

Gas hydrates, firstly, burn because they contain methane (CH4), not H2.  Simple combustion will not yield usable hydrogen from these hydrates.  It's about as useful as saying "Hey, there's H2 in water, there goes our energy problem!"  While it is true that methane can be (and is) used for commercial gas needs, the amount of methane in gas hydrates is minimal, and would at present be more expensive to mine and refine than other petroleum sources.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I must be a freer thinker than they think (73) because I call BS on a bunch of their answers/explanations.

I'm not sure what to think about a site like that that recommends Howard Zinn in one breath and Ron Paul in another.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Nasa's new lunar lander

*bowr*?

The Eagle will land, again?

I've gotta get out of my cave more often.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top