Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 12/3/2008 4:03:56 PM EDT
For all you arfcomers who like a great historical as well technical read you have got to get this book. It traces the development of the AMERICAN RIFLE, from pre-revolutionary through modern.  The author, Alexander Rose, has done incredible research on this book. The annotations and references in the back of the book are as interesting as the book itself. It's available on Amazon at a pretty good price , i think around 20.00.
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent book and a unique presentation of all that changing military weapons involves. Best-Rose makes it readable!  It's an interesting subject presented in CONTEXT so the 'history' all melds into a coherant timeline. Ghost

http://alexrose.com/RW/Home.html
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I just started reading this today and am 98 pages into it. Great read with really good historical notes. Well worth getting and reading.

Oh, I knew I didn't care for Hamilton, but now find out that he was a real jerk as well. Read the book and find out why.

Also, Mad Anthony Wayne doesn't come off well at all.

And what Rose has to say about the M14....... It's still my favorite 30 cal semi, but....

Groucho
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top