Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 1:52:36 PM EDT
for running 110 on I-35 outside of Dallas.

Rev. Al Sharpton's driver arrested near Dallas

11:25 AM CDT on Monday, August 29, 2005
Associated Press

WAXAHACHIE - The Reverend Al Sharpton's driver is free on bail after sheriff's deputies say he was arrested for driving 110 miles per hour on an Ellis County highway near Waxahachie.

Jarrett Barton Maupin, 43, of Phoenix was freed on $1,000 bail after Sunday's arrest.

An Ellis County sheriff's spokesman said a deputy spotted a car containing Maupin and Sharpton speeding north yesterday afternoon on Interstate 35E, about 40 miles south of Dallas.

State troopers headed off and stopped the car just west of Waxahachie. Maupin told the troopers he was hurrying to get the New York civil rights activist and two other passengers to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

Williams said the car was impounded at the rental agency's request, and Sharpton and the two other passengers were offered a ride to a nearby hotel. They declined and said they'd walk, although there is no word on where they went.

Sharpton had been in Crawford earlier in the day to visit with Cindy Sheehan, who has been leading an anti-war vigil near President Bush's Central Texas ranch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
A clear case of "Driving while black".
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
...........thats great I love it!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get arrested for speeding?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]

State troopers headed off and stopped the car just west of Waxahachie. Maupin told the troopers he was hurrying to get the New York civil rights activist racist elitist asshat and two other passengers to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

Sharpton had been in Crawford earlier in the day to visit with Cindy Sheehan, a stupid hippie mom too busy metaphorically pissing on her son's honor to care about anything else, who has been leading an anti-war vigil near President Bush's Central Texas ranch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I call
Sharpton did not walk anywhere unless the camera's are rollin'
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping Al had been arrested.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I call
Sharpton did not walk anywhere unless the camera's are rollin'

So true.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You sure can.  In some states, arrest is mandatory after a certain amount over the limit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sure can.  In some states, arrest is mandatory after a certain amount over the limit.

In TX the law says that speeding is one of the very few violations where you have to be issued a citation.  There was another thread that says he was charged with reckless driving which is a class b misdemeanor here in TX.  There are a few exceptions to the, you must first cite(or try to) law.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yeah when you're going 110mph.

They were still victims of white racism though. They should will sue.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They declined and said they'd walk, although there is no word on where they went.

Pity it wasn't a walk to Hell?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe if you are 20-25 over, they have the option of arresting you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live in CA.. Isnt it " Driving with intent to kill" or something like that if you are going insanely fast??
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#15]
they should have used spike strips.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Coming up on Cops

[John Bunnell] In this sceen a driver is fleeing police at a high rate of speed.  Deputies perform the P.I.T. manuver but because some fat ass in the back is too heavy the manuver is ineffective.  Eventually the driver stops when one of the passengers wants to go to Popeye's Chicken [/John Bunnell]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
they should have used spike strips.

OR
Chicken strips
Strip steak
Falafal strips
Strips of bacon...
Just about any of the above woulda stopped the Rev. in his tracks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In most states speeding turns to reckless driving if it +20mph over, or in some places double the limit,  though I don't agree with it.

My friend got caught doing 117 in a 65.  Only got a court order ticket, ended up with a $1000 fine and about 6 months of probation driving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top