Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 5:34:53 PM EDT
I finally got around to testing the ALS technologies tactical white smoke grenade.  (After about 6 weeks of backoreder from strategosintl.com, but that's another story)

Anyway, here's a pic of the unit that I tried out today.

No info came with the units when I received them.  The tactical has about a 3 second fuse with an approximate 30 second burn time.  When the unit ignites it is about as loud as a .22LR fired from a long gun.  It was very windy today so I couldn't get a great idea of the coverage givin off by the unit.

And, NO....  That's not my beer bottle on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it doesn't suck at least.  Price?

I might carry one around to cover my escape in case my wife catches me oogling a little chicky snack.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Do they have other colors? How about CS/CN?

Edit:

All LESS LETHAL Munitions will be sold to Law Enforcement & Military personnel only. You must fax or email a copy of your Military or Agency ID OR a signed request on Department Letterhead before your order will be processed.

Dammit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
20-25 bucks, IIRC.  They charge your card immediately due to some fucking nonsense, so I paid for them long before they shipped.  

I ordered a few of them and a few of the larger Constant smokes, but those are too expensive to just chuck onto the desert floor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do they have other colors? How about CS/CN?

Edit:

All LESS LETHAL Munitions will be sold to Law Enforcement & Military personnel only. You must fax or email a copy of your Military or Agency ID OR a signed request on Department Letterhead before your order will be processed.

Dammit.

Yes they have both.  Get a COP or MIL buddy to get them for you.  They aren't illegal where I live.  It's a policy issue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Last I saw they had CS/CN. Only thing is you need a Mil or LE id to order from them. They dont want even the smoke to end up in the hands of the masses. I thought I had finally found a source for smoke grenades but was punked right before I placed my order.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't honestly recommend this dealer after the shit I went through to get mine.  I haven't tried to locate another dealer, however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top