Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 4:34:53 PM EST
I finally got around to testing the ALS technologies tactical white smoke grenade. (After about 6 weeks of backoreder from strategosintl.com, but that's another story)

Anyway, here's a pic of the unit that I tried out today.

No info came with the units when I received them. The tactical has about a 3 second fuse with an approximate 30 second burn time. When the unit ignites it is about as loud as a .22LR fired from a long gun. It was very windy today so I couldn't get a great idea of the coverage givin off by the unit.

And, NO.... That's not my beer bottle on the ground.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:37:54 PM EST
Looks like it doesn't suck at least. Price?

I might carry one around to cover my escape in case my wife catches me oogling a little chicky snack.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:39:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2004 4:41:36 PM EST by MagKnightX]
Do they have other colors? How about CS/CN?

Edit:

All LESS LETHAL Munitions will be sold to Law Enforcement & Military personnel only. You must fax or email a copy of your Military or Agency ID OR a signed request on Department Letterhead before your order will be processed.

Dammit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:41:29 PM EST
20-25 bucks, IIRC. They charge your card immediately due to some fucking nonsense, so I paid for them long before they shipped.

I ordered a few of them and a few of the larger Constant smokes, but those are too expensive to just chuck onto the desert floor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:42:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2004 4:42:57 PM EST by markm]

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:
Do they have other colors? How about CS/CN?

Edit:

All LESS LETHAL Munitions will be sold to Law Enforcement & Military personnel only. You must fax or email a copy of your Military or Agency ID OR a signed request on Department Letterhead before your order will be processed.

Dammit.

Yes they have both. Get a COP or MIL buddy to get them for you. They aren't illegal where I live. It's a policy issue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:43:55 PM EST
Last I saw they had CS/CN. Only thing is you need a Mil or LE id to order from them. They dont want even the smoke to end up in the hands of the masses. I thought I had finally found a source for smoke grenades but was punked right before I placed my order.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:47:17 PM EST
I couldn't honestly recommend this dealer after the shit I went through to get mine. I haven't tried to locate another dealer, however.
Top Top