User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2004 9:17:19 AM EDT
Alice Cooper's Political Makeup

By Richard Leiby
Tuesday, August 24, 2004; Page C03

No more Mr. Nice Guy: Alice Cooper, a shock rocker back in the old days and now a fan of President Bush, says rock stars who've jumped on the John Kerry bandwagon -- Sheryl Crow, Dave Matthews, James Taylor and Bruce Springsteen among them -- are treasonous morons.

"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock-and-roll, because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics," the 56-year-old told the Canadian Press news service as he embarked last week on a 15-city Canadian tour.

Alice Cooper calls Sheryl Crow, James Taylor, Dave Matthews and Bruce Springsteen treasonous morons.

Never one to avoid self-examination, Alice (aka Vincent Damon Furnier) added: "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.

Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." (We think he meant watching C-SPAN's "Washington Journal," or maybe he meant perusing the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but either way you get the idea.)

"Besides, when I read the list of people who are supporting Kerry, if I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27098-2004Aug23.html

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=26066
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

"Besides, when I read the list of people who are supporting Kerry, if I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."

Gotta agree.

One of Bush's strongest points is that he is  hated by all the right people. Bush's enemies tend to make me Bush's friend.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, he still tells it like it is.

Mac should do a up a Flash with W in it using Coopers "Elected"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Alice (aka Vincent Damon Furnier) added: "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are."

can i get a hallelulyah?  (or however ya spell that )

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Time to go buy some Alice Cooper CD's....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My appreciation for Alice Cooper just went from neutral to very positive!   Rock on!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]
He keeps it real up in the feel!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#9]
"We're not worthy!"

-Wayne's World
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Chock up another CD to buy... hopefully one with "School's out".

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to see all those drugs still haven't messed with his common sense!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I loved it when he bit the head off that bat....

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw him on his Dragontown tour.  He still rocks!

And he has his head on straight these days!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#14]
/me plays No More Mr. Nice Guy
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#15]
SCHOOLS OUT! for KERRY
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]

I told her that I came from De-Troit City,
and that I played guitar in a long haired rock-n-roll band
She asked me why the singer's name was Alice,
I listen here honey you really wouldn't understand

Nugent Cooper '08!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Glad to see all those drugs still haven't messed with his common sense!

Did he do illegal drugs? I thought he was an alcoholic and didn't do illegal drugs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I had misgivings on reading this article for I have very much enjoyed his tunes since I first went to one of his concerts in 1970. I assumed before reading the above this too would change. I am impressed, it would seem not all musicians are brain dead 'morons', thankfully at least not this one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Way to go Alice . . er . . Vince . . er . . whatever.  I'm off to Wally World to get one of your CD's!

-YJ
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll be damned! You rock Alice!

I wonder what the chances are we could see Alice Cooper hook up with Ted Nugent on a  "Fuck The Liberals" world tour? LOL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Al rocks!

For those of you who don't own any Alice Cooper, I'd suggest "Greatest Hits".  Great CD with all the A.C. standards.

Elected/Alice Cooper
(Cooper/Bruce/Buxton/Dunaway/Smith)

I'm your top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice,
I wanna be elected,
I'm your yankee doodle dandy in a gold Rolls Royce,
I wanna be elected,
Kids want a savior, don't need a fake,
I wanna be elected,
We're all gonna rock to the rules that I make,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected.

I never lied to you, I've always been cool,
I wanna be elected,
I gotta get the vote, and I told you 'bout school,
I wanna be elected, elected, elected,
Hallelujah, I wanna be selected,
Everyone in the United States of America.

We're gonna win this one, take the country by storm,
We're gonna be elected,
You and me together, young and strong,
We're gonna be elected, elected, elected,
Respected, selected, call collected,
I wanna be elected, elected.

"And if I am elected
I promise the formation of a new party
A third party, the Wild Party!
I know we have problems,
We got problems right here in Central City,
We have problems on the North, South, East and West,
New York City, Saint Louis, Philadelphia, Los Angeles,
Detroit, Chicago,
Everybody has problems,
And personally, I don't care."
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wonder what the chances are we could see Alice Cooper hook up with Ted Nugent on a  "Fuck The Liberals" world tour? LOL.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Go over to his website, www.tnugent.com and suggest it.

This same thread about Alice Cooper is running over there right now, in the "Talkback" section.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#28]
+1 for Alice
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmm... Perhaps the Arizona members should go to Alice Cooperstown for drinks to show our support...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys are small-time Cooper fans.  I named my first son 'Steven' after the psycho kid in the song by the same name on 'Welcome To My Nightmare'.  Fortunately, my son is signifacntly more, shall we say, 'well-adjusted' than that tormented shorty in the song.

Alice is a normal, golf-playing, red-blooded American.  Now I find out he's a Bush fan.  Awesome.

Love that Nugent/Cooper Tour idea!  Cat Scratch Fever and School's Out!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
We need to do a group buy of Cooper's albu..errr...cd's!! We need to make it available at Gunstock as recquired listening...we need to make it available in the ARfcom store!!! Woo Hoo!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I still like Dave Matthews but I feel the need to buy some Alice Cooper CD's.

Finally a rock star with brains who can actually sing
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sheryl Crow, James Taylor, Dave Matthews and Bruce Springsteen

what exactly do these 3 have to do with rock and roll?

They all suck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Is'nt Dave Matthews a South African,if so,he should STFU!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

By Richard Leiby

No more Mr. Nice Guy: Alice Cooper, a shock rocker back in the old days and now a fan of President Bush, says rock stars who've jumped on the John Kerry bandwagon -- Sheryl Crow, Dave Matthews, James Taylor and Bruce Springsteen among them -- are treasonous morons.

"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock-and-roll, because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics," the 56-year-old told the Canadian Press news service as he embarked last week on a 15-city Canadian tour.

Alice Cooper calls Sheryl Crow, James Taylor, Dave Matthews and Bruce Springsteen treasonous morons.

Never one to avoid self-examination, Alice (aka Vincent Damon Furnier) added: "If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.

Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." (We think he meant watching C-SPAN's "Washington Journal," or maybe he meant perusing the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but either way you get the idea.)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=26066

Morons: yes (including cooper).  Treasonous?  NO.  As long as you are getting political advice from Cooper, see if he can tell you where to invest your stock too.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1

Or rocking the White House for W's re-election concert.!

wganz

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Is'nt Dave Matthews a South African,if so,he should STFU!

Yep, South African
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Iv'e met Alice Cooper. Hell of a nice guy to talk with and very intelligent. Glad he is on our side.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Amazing how age, experience and years of paying taxes burn away all the fuzzy-headed liberal thinking...

Lumpy, wasn't it Winston Churchill that said, "If you are young and not a liberal you have no heart.  If you are old and not a conservative you have no brains!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Far Fucking Out!

I was so disgusted by the Boss' transformation to the Kerry Klan....

At least the author and singer of the ballad for all teenage guys "Eighteen", understands what is right in the world.

Let's hope that come November Dubya's singin "I guess that you couldn't see yeah baby, that you were under my wheels...why don't you let me be?"

That should pull out the real Alice fans....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Hmmm... Perhaps the Arizona members should go to Alice Cooperstown for drinks to show our support...

Thats our boy!!!!  

AB
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget his  tune Poison that put him into the charts high in the 80's, I am assuming that is on his Greatest Hits album?  (along with Schools Out, etc...)

Othewise "Trash" is a pretty good album from Alice Cooper, played it much when I was 18...

The Greatest Hits was Alice Cooper the band. Not that hair band 80's crap.

Two of my favorite albums were Love it to Death and From the Inside---Jack Knife Johnny and Nurse Rosetta[nuaghty].

From the inside is my favorite-----deep with a some what sick humor side. Have to love nurse Rosetta, she's a lovely gal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By Richard Leiby

Morons: yes (including cooper).  Treasonous?  NO.  As long as you are getting political advice from Cooper, see if he can tell you where to invest your stock too.  

Ya didn't comprehend all that did ya?

Let's review:

Morons: yes (including cooper).

"Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons."

He already stated as such.

Treasonous?  NO.

"To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock-and-roll, because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics,"

When Elvis Presely was asked his views on the Vietnam War, he simply said, "Look I'm an entertainer..." and did not give his view. Cooper is saying it's treason against Rock 'n' Roll, not agianst the U.S.

As long as you are getting political advice from Cooper, see if he can tell you where to invest your stock too.

"We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.[/blur]" (We think he meant watching C-SPAN's "Washington Journal," or maybe he meant perusing the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, but either way you get the idea.)

Case in point.

What were ya saying?

Gee. Thanks Sweep. For once we hear an entertainer on our side and you throw water on us.
I dont take any advice fome Alice, but its nice to have him on our side.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweep,

No, I don't know how it came to be, but I sure as hell understood it the first time I heard it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top