Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:06:45 AM EST
I attempted to put a magpul asap on my AR and right off the fucking bat i had to buy a tool to get the castle nut off the collapsible stock. Then a spring flew out.(Thanks JesseCJC for the replacement/ you're the greatest!) Then when i took the Big spring out the little pin shot out but luckily i found it. The castle nut was on tighter than a nun's twat. Contrast that with the AK. 2 fucking screws and the stock is off. You can't hardly fuck up an AK even if you try. That's why i have a shit load of AKs. They are meant to be simple for idiots like me. They will take a shit load of abuse and keep firing. If i had to go to war tommorrow I'm taking my AK!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:08:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 11:08:47 AM EST by raysheen]
ok.

um...like 'in' or something?

ETA: Don't we already have a thread that turned into an AK vs AR debate in GD already?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:08:29 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:09:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 11:09:42 AM EST by PanzerMK7]
You can't take an AR apart and you think that is a validation of the AK?

not saying the AK isn't a great design but your rationale needs to be examined a little more closely.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:09:31 AM EST
Ever tried disassembling the bolt on an AK?

The AR15 can be taken down very far without any tools... No where near as far as an AK.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:09:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Yeah - I also heard that the space shuttle is WAAAAYYY more complicated than a 73' Mustang, and you need all kinds of special tools and shit.

If I ever need to go to outer space, I'm going to go in my mustang

Shotgun!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:10:33 AM EST
Yeah - I also heard that the space shuttle is WAAAAYYY more complicated than a 73' Mustang, and you need all kinds of special tools and shit.

Be careful the bite of the Goose can be deadly, as shown above.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:11:00 AM EST

Come on a 73?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:11:18 AM EST
wut?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:11:39 AM EST
Uh.

Okay?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:11:52 AM EST
So to summarize:

AKs are for retards

ARs are for people with an IQ greater than that of a monkey
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:11:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Assault-Rifle-City:

ahhh but can a goose reach escape velocity?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:12:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 11:14:10 AM EST by ED_P]
I used to respect AK's, until I started paying attention to their primary users abroad, and the criminal element in the US that has them as their weapon of choice. That, and they suck for accuracy. The 7.62x39 round to the left is from an SKS, which I have a bit more respect for.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:12:28 AM EST
Except for the poor accuracy, terrible sights and horrible ergonomics...........AKs rock.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:13:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:13:12 AM EST
Just.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:14:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:
You can't take an AR apart and you think that is a validation of the AK?

not saying the AK isn't a great design but your rationale needs to be examined a little more closely.

In on one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:14:25 AM EST
So in on one, I thought AR vez AK didn't start till tuesday, so I guess if everything has been moved up a day, then 1911 and Glocks start Monday this week.

So to get the ball rolling, Glocks suck. They feel like a brick and are made of Tupperware.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:15:15 AM EST
I predict this thread will have many sweeping and incorrect generalizations regarding both platforms and their users.

Originally Posted By ED_P:
I used to respect AK's, until I started paying attention to their primary users abroad, and the criminal element in the US that has them as their weapon of choice. That, and they suck for accuracy.

damn...too late.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:17:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By raysheen:
I predict this thread will have many sweeping and incorrect generalizations regarding both platforms and their users.

I used to respect AK's, until I started paying attention to their primary users abroad, and the criminal element in the US that has them as their weapon of choice. That, and they suck for accuracy.

damn...too late.

Sweeping generalizations in GD?

Never!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:18:21 AM EST
The OP is most certainly better of with an AK if he finds it that difficult to work on an AR. Which one is it that requires a hydraulic press to work on again?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Justin-Kase:
The OP is most certainly better of with an AK if he finds it that difficult to work on an AR. Which one is it that requires a hydraulic press to work on again?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:37 AM EST

damn...too late.

It's no crime to see most of our enemies around the world dancing in the streets waving them in the air, and be turned off by the sight of them.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:19:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Assault-Rifle-City:

ahhh but can a goose reach escape velocity?

The goose can never escape the dresser!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:21:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By mongo001:
So to summarize:

AKs are for retards

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:24:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By hammerkill:
They are meant to be simple for idiots like me. !

Prophetic.....

Try adjusting the windage on an AK without tools...... Try removing the bolt carrier group without first removing the main spring..... Be careful if you take a mag apart to clean it as a spring may fly out......
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:28:29 AM EST

damn...too late.

It's no crime to see most of our enemies around the world dancing in the streets waving them in the air, and be turned off by the sight of them.

did you ever stop to think WHY they use them? What else are they gonna use? the FAL, a mauser 98? Besides that the NAzis used a lot of guns and most of their guns kicked ass, i wouldnt scrap a Luger because "jerry" preferred it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:36:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 11:36:52 AM EST by ED_P]
Originally Posted By Fender57:

damn...too late.

did you ever stop to think WHY they use them? What else are they gonna use? the FAL, a mauser 98? Besides that the NAzis used a lot of guns and most of their guns kicked ass, i wouldnt scrap a Luger because "jerry" preferred it.

I wouldn't scrap one, but seeing Nazi proof marks on a gun shouldn't evoke flowery memories either. And I do think about why they use them, which turns me off as well. About the only AK I could respect is the Valmet, and they're not available anymore.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:40:46 AM EST
I used to respect AK's, until I started paying attention to their primary users abroad, and the criminal element in the US that has them as their weapon of choice. That, and they suck for accuracy. The 7.62x39 round to the left is from an SKS, which I have a bit more respect for.

Such ignorance. Leave this thread, you're making a fool of yourself.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:54:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tim_the_enchanter:

Such ignorance. Leave this thread, you're making a fool of yourself.

That's how I feel, sorry if you happen to like them. I've gradually lost respect for them, especially as I came to respect the AR platform.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:55:42 AM EST
Try taking apart a M1A or switching the stock on a FAL.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:17:45 PM EST
Gee, then I guess a '63 VW Beetle must be better than a new Ferrari, by your reasoning.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:20:19 PM EST
An AK is better than an AR at everything except for shooting things.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:20:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By lamarbrog:
Ever tried disassembling the bolt on an AK?

The AR15 can be taken down very far without any tools... No where near as far as an AK.

Why the fuck would you ever disassemble a bolt on a AK?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:23:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By Justin-Kase:

I have been working on my AK's for years with no hydraulic press.

I must be doing something wrong
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:24:15 PM EST
AR's are infinitely better

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:24:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By crossedsabres:
So in on one, I thought AR vez AK didn't start till tuesday, so I guess if everything has been moved up a day, then 1911 and Glocks start Monday this week.

So to get the ball rolling, Glocks suck. They feel like a brick and are made of Tupperware.
Almost...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:24:21 PM EST
I fought the AR for a long time. First I got a Mini-14 (mistake), then I got an AK which I still have and love. However, once I got my first AR, I took it shooting and realized what the big deal was. My AR is just as reliable as my AK and it can shoot rings around it.

Both have their uses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:30:22 PM EST
Been around AK's and SKS's for awhile, not bad platforms IMHO. I never owned a AR until now, just ordered my parts to put one together, so time will tell I guess, but I would expect to have a nice platform in 5.56 with the AR as the platform has also been around for awhile.
Can we bring the Mini 14 into this discussion
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:30:49 PM EST
I like ARs.

AKs work well, but the AR shines way brighter, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:33:36 PM EST

have you ever payed attention to the damage an AK can do compared to the .223? major difference, your talking a 22 cal bullet compard to a 30. not to mention you can pour sand into and AK it will keep firing, try that with and AR. You will be in tears after you have it apart and lost 2 3 springs and ordering more parts so you can shoot it again next fucking thursday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:36:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By thorm001:
Try taking apart a M1A or switching the stock on a FAL.

Switching the stock on a FAL is a snap- takes about 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:37:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Roland3:

have you ever payed attention to the damage an AK can do compared to the .223? major difference, your talking a 22 cal bullet compard to a 30. not to mention you can pour sand into and AK it will keep firing, try that with and AR. You will be in tears after you have it apart and lost 2 3 springs and ordering more parts so you can shoot it again next fucking thursday.

Which is why special forces around the world us the AK .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:42:30 PM EST
wow, in on one for once. This is crazy shit man.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:47:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By Roland3:

Aha, here we go.

Where's my popcorn?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:46:09 PM EST
I have both an AK and an AR, I like em both . I also own a mini and have no problems with it . In my opinion it boils down to personal choice . All of them have their good points and bad . As far as AK vs. AR goes I would be comfortable with either one as my only firearm . The reason there have been millions of both rifles produced is that they both work well ! The mini on the other hand is just a nice toy in my opinion .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:47:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:49:22 PM EST
Yeah, but you can hit stuff with an AR.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:52:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By mongo001:
So to summarize:

AKs are for retards

AK user:

AR user:

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:54:50 PM EST
Buy both,
And a mini 14.

This is why I joined ARFCOM. This shit is GREAT,
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:57:59 PM EST

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top