Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 7:09:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

muzzle breaks are loud and dont do anything for the flash other than diverting it some.If you shoot at night/low light with a muzzle break and to a greater extent a straight,plain post-ban barrel you will lose your night vision and will be blinded momentarily causing you [at least in my case] to lose your sight picture.Flash-hiders like the vortex from what I understand completly elimenate the seen muzzle flash.I hear phantoms are pretty good too,but the only experince I have is with the A-1 birdcage and I liked it.IS it worth it?...... only you can answer that question for yourself, me personaly I am looking at buying a pre-ban for the flash hider and collapsibe stock.Whatever you decide  just keep it legal [:)]
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay with your set-up it simple and works , especially for your needs .

I've found that the AK brake is the best at reducing recoil and muzzle flip which in turns allows better accuracy and recovery .

Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't.
I think the AK is a great brake.
Better use of your money would be a long upper.
They have to be some nice post ban flash hiders out there.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
pre ban aint worth it just for flash supressor, unless you plan to use night vision equipment on it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Best reading on the subject I've found was on "snipercountry.com".
 Long story short is you're better off with a clean muzzle so you can clean the crown and low-flash ammo produces less of a flash "halo" than a flash-hider.  The instructor called the comps and hiders "muzzle flash enhancers..."
 Read it for yourself, I didn't make it up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top