Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2005 1:15:50 PM EDT
Deadly Shooting Puts School on Lockdown
KDKA ^ | 3/16/05 | KDKA

Pittsburgh (KDKA) A deadly shooting outside Carrick High School this afternoon has put the school on lockdown.

Officials have confirmed that one student is dead and two others were wounded in the shooting around 2pm.

According to authorities, police stopped a car outside the school and were running a check on its license plate when another vehicle pulled up and started shooting at the car.

One juvenile in the car was shot in the head and killed; a second juvenile was critically injured by gunshots. A third juvenile in the car was injured by flying glass. Authorities believe all three were Carrick High School students.

Police say the shooting may have involved an AK-47.

As a precaution, students have been kept inside the building past their normal 2:17pm dismissal while police officers swarmed the area; but they're expected to be released within the hour.

More than 1300 students in ninth through twelfth grades are enrolled at Carrick High School, which is located on Parkfield Street.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Deadly Shooting Puts School on Lockdown
KDKA ^ | 3/16/05 | KDKA

Pittsburgh (KDKA) A deadly shooting outside Carrick High School this afternoon has put the school on lockdown.

Is it really a school shooting when it takes place near a school?  Or does that just make it a more interesting news story.

As a precaution, students have been kept inside the building past their normal 2:17pm dismissal while police officers swarmed the area; but they're expected to be released within the hour.

What type of school lets out at 2:17 PM?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sigh. Stories like this occuring as frequently as they do are going to make a new AWB easier to pass. I hate hearing this stuff. Emotions run high, and anything I tell liberals falls on deaf ears. This sucks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't really matter if it was a hi-point carbine.  Witnesses would still call it an AK.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably some gang bangers
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
According to the local media. it was indeed an AK.
I have two friends that are teachers in that school.
Surprisingly, there hasn't been a hysterical outcry against
"assault weapons", at least not yet.

By all reports, the shooting was gang related.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah...shit like this needs to stop, or we are going to be facing another AWB re=authorization.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It doesn't really matter if it was a hi-point carbine.  Witnesses would still call it an AK.

You make a good point there. My neighbor saw me taking my AR out of the trunk (no case or bag) and said "Is that an AK-47?".

Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sigh. Stories like this occuring as frequently as they do are going to make a new AWB easier to pass. I hate hearing this stuff. Emotions run high, and anything I tell liberals falls on deaf ears. This sucks.

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You make a good point there. My neighbor saw me taking my AR out of the trunk (no case or bag) and said "Is that an AK-47?".

Oh well.

I have had guys come up to me at the range and ask if the AR was an AK47
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah...shit like this needs to stop, or we are going to be facing another AWB re=authorization.

It won't stop, and if criminals using guns is all it takes, well boys we're cooked anyway.  Gangbangers are never going to stop using guns till there are no guns to be found (never).  So if we surrender to that thinking we've lost already.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
It seems to my perception that there are far more stories like this in the news when they are trying to pass AWB legislation.

At least, thats my tin foil hat perception,
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It seems to my perception that there are far more stories like this in the news when they are trying to pass AWB legislation.

At least, thats my tin foil hat perception,

That thought has crossed my mind here lately, as well. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]

I remember my high school letting out at 2:30. Lots of schools do this. Elementary, middle, and high schools use the same buses, so they have to stagger the times that each one starts/ends......
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well.

just say YA'hu.  and dis is a thirty roun' banana clip.
now step back BE-otch fo i bus a cap in YO azz  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thats why I bought two RRA and will keep NIB and built a Third which I will shoot the shit out of.
The AWB will be back. We just had one in Tyler TX  (shooting)
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]

my high school started at 8 and let out at 2:26. take a minute out of each period, or from the time between periods and we could have been out at 2:17 fairly easily
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You do realize there are going to be a lot more shootings like this? You're going to be in a world of hurt if you feel more depressed everytime a shooting occurs in the news. Your best bet is to stop arguing with liberals, they just like to get under your skin, and you can't change their thinking. If they bring up that another shooting happened, just say "I don't care".
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well.

Same here
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

my high school started at 8 and let out at 2:26. take a minute out of each period, or from the time between periods and we could have been out at 2:17 fairly easily

Weird, must be a public school thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top