Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 4:47:11 PM EDT
OK so has anyone else had this issue because this is REALLY pissing me the hell off

This morning I checked my AIM buddy list only to find that it had logged off in the middle of the night.  I figured it was just a connection error or some other BS that sometimes happens.  I tried to log back in and low and behold it says password is incorrect or screen name is incorrect.  I was like WTF...so I followed the "forgot your password?" link and reset my password.  I was logged in and noticed that my buddy list was COMPLETELY gone, the only thing in there was the OFFLINE folder and that was it...even that was empty.  I added in what buddies i could remember and after 5min goes by I'm logged off again.  I tried to log in again with the new password and again it says error, invalid screen name or password.  I go through the BS of redoing my password at least another 5 times.  Each time I'm able to log in but the amount of time I can stay online is getting shorter and shorter.  Also the "You are logged on from more than one location press 1 to log off all other loctaions" message.  If I press 1 I get a confirmation that all other locations are logged off and then immediately after I get kicked off.  If I ignore it I get logged off.

After the 2nd time of that happening I thought maybe someone has my password and is logged in on my screen name.  I made up passwords that were random number and letter combinations and still that didn't work.

Next I figured it was the version of AIM I have, so I installed an older version.  No dice there either.  Same BS, except now I can't log in at all and can't reset my password because it's asking a security question I've never seen before.

I even tried creating a BS account to try to log on with and I can't even log on with that.

Any ideas of what the f^&* is going on?  I'm really getting tired of this bulls@*%.  I even tried to report a bug on their website and got a freaking error message about part of the form not being complete (it was when I hit submit).  I redid the form twice and got the same message each time.  I just said F*&% IT! and gave up.  There's no way to get ahold of anyone working for AIM or AOL anyways.  Even if I could I'm sure they'd try to sell me a service subscription to their F*%$ing POS service and then harass me when I tried to cancel my service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top