Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 7:22:09 AM EDT
And by not showing, I mean, not showing at all! Gone. Not in my buddy list, not in the off line section, not in any list, not appearing if I run a search for their screen name. GONE. Just gone.

When they come back from away, there they are in my buddy list.

I can't find any option for this. I can't find anything with Google.  I uninstalled and reinstalled AIM. it is 61. on Win XP btw.

WTF?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Trillian FTW.

Trillian=AIM + all your other instant messaging clients on one application.

spelling edit
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Trillian FTW.

Trillian=AIM + all your other instant messaging clients one one application.

+1

Now all your friends are in one place
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Erm, this happens, you should have gotten a notification from AIM when you logged back in that they were having problems on their back end...

Just wait, it'll come back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
In at least the early versions of  AIM 6.1 the option you are looking for is under the view menu. make sure that Away/ Idle Buddies is checked.

AIM maybe one of the worst programs out there but Trillian seems to be even worse, I have been playing with trying to get my lists imported on and off for three months and can not get it to work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In at least the early versions of  AIM 6.1 the option you are looking for is under the view menu. make sure that Away/ Idle Buddies is checked.

AIM maybe one of the worst programs out there but Trillian seems to be even worse, I have been playing with trying to get my lists imported on and off for three months and can not get it to work.
it took me about five minutes to set up my lists via Trillian.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That was it! Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh! I thought you meant it wasn't showing anyone, including people currently online...RIF

I had problems where my buddy list just disappeared as a whole, that was what I thought you were referring to. Never mind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top