Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 5:37:24 PM EDT
The one and only Pensacola Fair, known throughout the region as the epitome of fun, excitement, and DANGER. Yes, danger is the name of the game here at the Pensacola fair. Once a year, thrill seekers from near and far congregate at this very location to spit death in the eye and see if they get away with it to see the light of another day.

So what are you adrenaline sipping death cheaters waiting for? There's a long history of opportunities here...

To start off, how about the time the "Tilt a World" ride came loose and rolled down the alley crushing anything unlucky enough to be in it's erratic course. Think of it as running from the bulls in Spain.

And there's always the one where "The Zipper" malfunctioned and threw riders out onto the gravel at high speed. That's gotta leave a lasting impression.

And on the brighter side of things...the time that the "Ring of Fire" rollercoaster caught on fire. No big deal, just a few singed pubic hairs. Hows that for cheating death?

Oh and the food, THE FOOD! You haven't lived until you've had funnel cakes cooked in rancid oil that McDonalds tossed out a few years earlier!
Why even my own brother stated how the hot chocolate he bought tasted like sewer water mixed with 10 year old nesquick chocolate powder. Boy the memories that one can make here! I can't wait!

I'm sure you just can't wait either! So come on down...and I'll see you at the fair!

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/28743/2004408511971356748_rs.jpg

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck the fair, I hate it. It's a racket.  I havent been in 5+ years and I'm 20. It's such a waste of money.  Who the fuck wants to throw their money at a fucking bowling pin in hopes of winning a 15 cent made-in-China stuffed animal.  POS carnies just go spend it all on meth anyway.  Rant off.

ETA:  It was just here this past week...have fun with sloppy seconds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
....... POS carnies just go spend it all on meth anyway.  Rant off.

I heard they smell like cabbage.

Just went to the fair this week by the way. The is a big difference between the folks hanging out at the Midway and the folks setting up FFA displays.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Best thing about the fair(and Wal-Mart) is if you're feeling down and depressed, you can go there, look at all the freaky, redneck, white-trash, trailer dwellers and instantly feel better because.

A: You still have more than 20% of your teeth left

B: You've never had sex with a farm animal

C: You've never had sex with a relative

D: If your car were involved in a collision it would not vanish into a cloud of red-brown dust.

This is all purely speculative and YMMV. I'm sure your cousin has a lovely personality!

J/K
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
yah but if you can't enjoy triple fried fair food what can you enjoy?

-patry
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont hate on trailer dwellers. My parents live in a trailer. BUT, it's only because we just moved off of our 1 acre neighborhood lot w/ house to 30 acres of woods in the country, and are saving up to build a house.  Building begins the beginning of '08 we're hoping! Our 'hood was turning pretty damn ghetto  Time to GTFO!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Best thing about the fair(and Wal-Mart) is if you're feeling down and depressed, you can go there, look at all the freaky, redneck, white-trash, trailer dwellers and instantly feel better because.

D: If your car were involved in a collision it would not vanish into a cloud of red-brown dust.

his

J/K

Didn't you mean to say "Teef"?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is all purely speculative and YMMV. I'm sure your cousin has a lovely personality!

J/K

Nah dawg, dem be'z TEEFEEZZ
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/K

Nah dawg, dem be'z TEEFEEZZ

Nah...it be tooffasis!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top