Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 2:56:47 PM EDT
DAMMIT!
After being on the phone with my Liason for an hour, in no uncertain terms saying I wanted
DENVER, and her assuring me that all would be OK with that, I get this e-mail...

...and that you have been assigned to Northeast facility, located at Maryland. I would remind you once again
that blah blah blah...
View Quote

Oh man...
[>(][>(][>(]

Fucking Maryland....
This sucks more than I can convey with words.
What a dump.
The whole Northeast is a damn shithole.
I totally wish I were dead right now.
This is terrible.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Sucks to be you.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well hey... look at it this way.... since you gave up your guns anyway, you won't have to feel bad living in a state with so many wide open spaces and more relaxed gun laws. I would think that would be emotionally tough on you.

[:P]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what "doing yer duty" for your country is all about...ha,ha. Enjoy the humidity.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
That's too bad, Denver's not all that great anyway.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well hey... look at it this way.... since you gave up your guns anyway, you won't have to feel bad living in a state with so many wide open spaces and more relaxed gun laws. I would think that would be emotionally tough on you.

[:P]
View Quote

Hmm...
Good point.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahh come on - it ain't THAT bad

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/gus%2FSE%2520View%2Ejpg[/img]

Then again I have a lot of Baltimore pics that I'd have to e-mail you. Some would be offended if I posted them. Just learn where NOT to go, and try to meet people with boats. Boating is one of the few really good things about the area.
Also, do what ever it takes, but DO NOT get an apartment in the city. In fact the further you have to drive to get to the city, the happier you will be when you get home from work.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey McUzi,

You know there is one Happy SOB in Maryland going , "Yeah, I am moving to Denver and Out of this Shithole!!"

Ben

But on the Bright side you can take up Sailing, get yourself a nice 40foot sailboat and Become a seafairer. Which if you ask me would be the coolest thing in the world.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.AzChatfield.net/Comebacks/TakeIt_Hard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Maryland is TREMENDOUSLY beautiful this time of
year...if you like to sweat.[;D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]
It cannot be that bad.....

[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us[/url]

What exactly is it that you will be doing there?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Where exactly in Maryland are you going? Work has sent me there on multiple occasions and I, too, have had to find non-gun outlets.

BenDover makes a good point - it IS easier when nobody elsed has / enjoys guns - otherwise you start to miss yours more.

BTW, you need to change your profile, still says "CO." [:)]

If you ened up around Aberdeen Proving Grounds - the area is rather depressing, but they have a great museum - with guns. Big guns. Get in good with the curator and you will find that he has an arms room - not on display - that will make you cry out in jealousy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you ened up around Aberdeen Proving Grounds - the area is rather depressing, but they have a great museum - with guns. Big guns. Get in good with the curator and you will find that he has an arms room - not on display - that will make you cry out in jealousy.
View Quote

Actually, some of the best boating is in the upper bay, near Aberdeen.
If you're thinking of going to the Ordnance Museum, forget it. It's closed to the public for the time being. Plus it's nearly impossible to get on Aberdeen P.G. right now unless you are an employee or have military ID. Security is tight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Maryland can be an OK place depending on where you end up.

However, your shooting hobby will be frowned upon...

and you may have a KENNEDY as your next Governor....  (Kathleen Kennedy Townsed)  Yes, THOSE Massachusetts Kennedys are becoming carpetbaggers....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey McUzi,

You know there is one Happy SOB in Maryland going , "Yeah, I am moving to Denver and Out of this Shithole!!"

Ben

But on the Bright side you can take up Sailing, get yourself a nice 40foot sailboat and Become a seafairer. Which if you ask me would be the coolest thing in the world.

View Quote
Yes McUzi, but remember those are not Oh Henry bars floating around when your sailing, they are something else washed into the water from the sewage drains.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you're thinking of going to the Ordnance Museum, forget it. It's closed to the public for the time being. Plus it's nearly impossible to get on Aberdeen P.G. right now unless you are an employee or have military ID. Security is tight.
View Quote

Damn! I guess that's what I get for not being in the US for but 3 weeks since well before September 11th! I remember that post being WIDE open. (except the fenced off portions).

I remember from "back in the day" (read: AIT in 1994) that there was some Clintonesque College money civilian conservation thing going on ON post - didn't know if McUzis thing was maybe an offshoot of this along the smae lines - to where he would be maybe living there. 'Course, if they are that worried about security, maybe not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#20]
YOUR FUCKED. I MOVED OUT OF THAT PISSHOLE STATE 8 Year AGO AND DON'T MISS IT ONE BIT.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh Maryland is not all that bad...come on now.  It is a great location, close to so many things, and I lived there for 23 years!  haha, I am 23 yrs old, but just moved to MA for school.  I miss it already!  Where abouts in Maryland?  Baltimore is a GREAT city!  Well near the harbor anyway!  :)  Good Luck.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#22]
To all those that apologised for Maryland with comments about how good the boating is, you need help.
McUzi, your right, the whole damn east coast sucks. I go there on business pretty often(or it seems like it) and i get home and just want to take a  long shower to get the.... whatever it is that makes you feel like a shower will help. Good luck, as we used to say "man, you're screwed, blued and tatooed"    
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#23]
could be worse could have been chicago.

damn it i cant spell!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
McU--

Depending on where in MD you are located, you may be able to live across the state line in VA.  
I commiserate with you, but one bright spot--amongst the crappy MD gun laws, the ability to purchase NFA items is actually pretty easy.  It is my understanding that the MD State Police do the Form 4 signoff based on a Background check rather than the "if I want to" that you see in most other places.

I'll most likely be headed back East within a year (probably not Maryland, though).

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I feel your pain
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
To all those that apologised for Maryland with comments about how good the boating is, you need help.
View Quote

I didn't appologi[b]z[/b]e about Maryland, just mentioned the one thing I like about it. That and my dad lives there. How's the boating in Idaho? I hear Boise is almost as liberal as San Fran nowadays....[;D]

Bottom line, Maryland sucks. I don't deny or appologize, in fact I'm a refugee living in Pa. as are several other board members.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#27]
OUCH,

Well after having live in the Peoples Republik of Maryland I feel your PAIN......

....which is why I now live in Virginia

You could always commute from Va to M....lotsa people do!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#28]
most of MD is fairly moderate. with a lot of area being somewhat rural and agrarian. as long as you arent in the DC metro area or baltimore city your shooting habits wont be frowned upon by people whom you let find out. the worst part is the funky laws pertaining to transporting your weapons. hell in the 80's in upper harford county getting a deer that morning was a justifiable reason for being late to school. my school had a working farm and one of the science teachers taught a class on field dressing game and pest control. most of the damage has been done in the past 8yrs by the current corrupt administration. my advice if its feasable is to live in southern PA or northern DE and commute.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Who is Nora Jones?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Disregard.

I assume you mean Norah Jones the blueslady?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]
One more tidbit just for you [b]McUzi[/b]

FYI: In addition to the obvious differences in gun laws...

[b]Population Demographics (18yrs & older):[/b]
(source, 2000 US Census)

[b][u]Colorado[/u] -[/b]
White - 84.8%
Black - 3.6%
Am. Indian/Nat. Alaskan - 1.0%
Asian - 2.2%
Pacific Islander - 0.1%
Other - 6.3%
Two or more races - 2.1%

[b][u]Maryland[/u] -[/b]
White - 66.1%
Black - 26.4%
Am. Indian/Nat. Alaskan - 0.3%
Asian - 4.1%
Pacific Islander - NA
Other - 1.6%
Two or more races - 1.5%

Can you say "karma"? [:D]

Seriously though, that's the SHITS! I'm VERY sorry for you mon! There's GOT to be a way out of that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#32]
2 things:

1. Whatchu do for a living?  Just curious.

2. Ever notice that anything you post gets a shitload of responses?  You seem to have a captive audience amongst these masses.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn that sucks arse!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#34]
The bad news is here:
[url]http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/maryland[/url]

What a shithole!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#35]
McUZI = Boned

I work out of City X all the time and you got the shitting end of the stick on this one buddy[whack]Its about the closet thing to living in BOSTON Mass I have seen.

If you like food try MICHAEL's 410-633-6485
6207 Eastern AVE They have the BEST prime rib I have eaten did i mention i like food.
You can thank me later CUT and Paste this now I lost the address and couldnt find the place for 3 months
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
most of MD is fairly moderate. with a lot of area being somewhat rural and agrarian. as long as you arent in the DC metro area or baltimore city your shooting habits wont be frowned upon by people whom you let find out. the worst part is the funky laws pertaining to transporting your weapons. hell in the 80's in upper harford county getting a deer that morning was a justifiable reason for being late to school. my school had a working farm and one of the science teachers taught a class on field dressing game and pest control. most of the damage has been done in the past 8yrs by the current corrupt administration. my advice if its feasable is to live in southern PA or northern DE and commute.
View Quote

Hey DvlDog - You're a North Harford grad, eh?  Cool!  I live in Fawn Grove, but grew up in Aberdeen. We used to call you guys "Duck Farmers" back in high school. It wasn't long before I wished I had been a N.H. student though. Aberdeen was a little, uh, rough at times.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#37]
yup, im a duck farmer. we got clowned for having a farm and a parking lot full of trucks but no one laughed during Lacrosse season when we handed out asswhoopins statewide. actually im going home in 2 weeks to help my mom move, she is moving to fawn grove, works in bel air. not a terrible commute and shes out of MD. my dad actualy moved to Level to be near APG. MD is beautiful but theyve F'd it up so bad ill never move back. my aunt offered me a lot on her farm but unless it was grandfathered back in the 60's you cant put anything under 2500sqft on it WTF.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#38]
The governor of MD is anti-hunting isn't he? I remember smewhere that hunting is banned or restricted and the gov bends over for the antis? I even heard that the antis serve on the DEP board there. Am I right?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#39]
well i know the lowered the bag limit on geese from 3 birds to 1, barely worth getting up at 4am, driving to the eastern shore, freezing your balls off all day in a blind just for one damn bird
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top