Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:45:00 PM EDT
OMG the race card has mutated, the unions took a page from jackson's playbook

AFL-CIO Chief Criticizes Federal Response to Hurricane, Calls It Sign of Hostility to Workers
Jeremiah Marquez
Associated Press Writer
Sep 5, 2005
ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBMBYVL9DE.html
LOS ANGELES (AP) - AFL-CIO President John Sweeney derided the Bush administration's handling of Hurricane Katrina at a Labor Day rally Monday, saying the government's slow response was a sign of hostility to workers.
Speaking to more than 1,000 cheering teachers, firefighters and nurses at a Los Angeles intersection, Sweeney argued that cuts in government services and taxes had sapped the administration's ability to react to the crisis.

"We really need look no further than the ravaged cities of the Gulf Coast ... to see what can happen when government is underfunded, unprepared and unresponsive," Sweeney said.

Amid public complaints over the pace of relief, President Bush on Monday visited Southern states and vowed a huge effort for hurricane victims. White House officials have said the time for blame will come later and that the federal government had difficulty getting information from local authorities.

In an interview after the event, Sweeney noted that many victims along the Gulf Coast were poor and working class.

"This administration has been very callous," he said. "And the slow reaction to the (hurricane) ... is an indication of their shortsightedness and lack of focus on workers and their families."

The Labor Day rally comes as organized labor struggles with membership declines and division.

In July, three of the AFL-CIO's biggest unions - the Teamsters, Service Employees International Union and the United Food and Commercial Workers - left the federation. Critics complained the labor group, made up of more than 50 unions, was spending too much money on political campaigns and not enough on organizing unions.

Sweeney said he was in talks with disaffiliated union leaders.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Good God, I pray the American public (at least those who vote) is wise enough to see this ongoing leftist bullshit blame game for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
He can go fuck himself.....

BTW: When the hell are all of you Union Firefighters going to get new stickers?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to end up like Ted Kaczynsk, living in a shack so far in the hills that NO ONE will ever see me again.  My few good thoughts about humanity have all but been destroyed in the past week.

I'm *SO* sick of this shit.  We all *THOUGHT* we knew how bad things had become in this country but I don't think many of us *REALLY* could have imagined just how awful it truly is.

Every time I think I can't be more disgusted by the responses this disaster has provoked from the Left, they sink even lower.

FOAD.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck these assholes!!!!

I am absolutely sick of this shit...America is becoming a nation of ungratefull bastards!

Fucking hot aired bastards pointing fingers back and forth...

Shut the fuck up... Just shut your fucking cakeholes!

People are doing to best that they fucking can for God's sake!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think very many of the people who got stuck there are what you'd call "workers", anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good God, I pray the American public (at least those who vote) is wise enough to see this ongoing leftist bullshit blame game for what it is.

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
Atheists: No prayer
for disaster victims
U.S. group says president violating Constitution by urging pleas to God

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 5, 2005
9:15 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Ellen Johnson

The American Atheists organization says President Bush should stop urging prayer for Hurricane Katrina victims because it violates the Constitution
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Workers?????????????????????????????

They are welfare people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Disasters like this bring out the very best or very worst in people.

What is unfortunate is that our culture has nursed the very worst in people until the point that the worst of humanity is more prominently displayed than ever.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe he's doging the work that his IAFF and BPA brothers are doing down there.  Tragic really.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
for disaster victims

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Ellen Johnson

The American Atheists organization says President Bush should stop urging prayer for Hurricane Katrina victims because it violates the Constitution

I am amazed that Barry Lynne's group of asshats hasn't started hollering yet. Churches, after all, are being designated as relief stations by the federal government, and are being used as places to stage relief supplies.

Surely that violates the first ammendment prohibition against anything governmental going near a church of any sort, doesn't it?

Idiots.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm athiest and those idiots don't speak for me.

ETA:  My wife and I spoke about seeing if her church could get any assistance from the state or local government to bring some willing families to the area and help them get started here.  Just because I don't beleive doesn't mean I cant recognize good people trying to do good things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, AFL-CIO....there's a credible source to speak on anything. Those assholes don't give two shits about workers, no matter what they say.

They care about lining their own pockets...what a bunch of crooked douchebags...

Not to mention its the unions are helping to kill this country economically...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
for disaster victims

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Ellen Johnson

Is that for real?  How much more insanity can the shrieking moonbats generate?  I thought it already was at crritical mass with Refrun Jesse screaming racism and Rhythmic Vocal Artist West alleging that George Bush doesn't care about black people.

it's real on the WorldNetDaily.com website
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
* waiting for AFL-CIO President John Sweeney to announce that all Union Dues for the rest of the year are being redirected to Katrina relief efforts *

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#16]
"In an interview after the event, Sweeney noted that many victims along the Gulf Coast were poor and working class."

I would point out to Mr. Sweeney that the cotton crop will be coming in and workers will be needed. Heck, Jesse & Al could even be used to organize them into a..... Cotton Pickin Union.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top