Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:29:22 PM EDT
I've had my Droid X for awhile now, and it still makes me feel retarded sometimes.  

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)?  I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared.  It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.  

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want?

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens?  Such as the "Sticky Note"?  (I actually use it a lot)  Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use?

-Does this launcher effect battery-life?

-I know I already said I installed/uninstalled and everything went back to normal, but I didn't mess with the settings at all.  Is there anything in the settings that would make anything irreversible by simply uninstalling it in the Market?

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report.  Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app?

-Is there anything in ADW that allows you to take screenshots?  Or is that still only available to rooted phones?

Again, this is on a Droid X, if that matters.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
i think thats the beautiful widgets app for the clock.

you need to reconfigure your desk top. then you can save the settings inside adw(menu , more, adw settings.

i had to prevent mine from rotating the desktop because it would force close sometimes. but it works pretty good
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've had my Droid X for awhile now, and it still makes me feel retarded sometimes.  

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)?  I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared.  It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.  I like it. Its the default launcher for cyanogenmod.

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want? Just drag and drop your apps back from the drawer, or long press to re add widgets.

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens?  Such as the "Sticky Note"?  (I actually use it a lot)  Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use? >menu button>settings>something>scrollable widgets should make any widget work

-Does this launcher effect battery-life? Not that i've seen, not over a stock launcher, i've found that the zeam launcher has a little better battery on some of my devices

-I know I already said I installed/uninstalled and everything went back to normal, but I didn't mess with the settings at all.  Is there anything in the settings that would make anything irreversible by simply uninstalling it in the Market?

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report.  Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app? Standalone, lots of versions of it, it a copy of the htc sense clock, many free versions

-Is there anything in ADW that allows you to take screenshots?  Or is that still only available to rooted phones?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)? I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared. It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. I like it. Its the default launcher for cyanogenmod.

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want? Just drag and drop your apps back from the drawer, or long press to re add widgets.

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens? Such as the "Sticky Note"? (I actually use it a lot) Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use? >menu button>settings>something>scrollable widgets should make any widget work

-Does this launcher effect battery-life? Not that i've seen, not over a stock launcher, i've found that the zeam launcher has a little better battery on some of my devices

-I know I already said I installed/uninstalled and everything went back to normal, but I didn't mess with the settings at all. Is there anything in the settings that would make anything irreversible by simply uninstalling it in the Market?

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report. Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app? Standalone, lots of versions of it, it a copy of the htc sense clock, many free versions

-Is there anything in ADW that allows you to take screenshots? Or is that still only available to rooted phones?

Pretty much this.  I use the ADW EX Launcher (paid) with beautiful widgets (paid) apps.

I like it!  No you cannot take a screenshot with it without having your device rooted.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, thanks for the info.  I'll take another stab at it today.  Seeing all of my stuff disappear freaked me out.  I guess I was assuming it would transfer all of my homescreen stuff over.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top