Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/14/2011 7:29:22 PM EST
I've had my Droid X for awhile now, and it still makes me feel retarded sometimes.

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)? I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared. It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want?

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens? Such as the "Sticky Note"? (I actually use it a lot) Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use?

-Does this launcher effect battery-life?

-I know I already said I installed/uninstalled and everything went back to normal, but I didn't mess with the settings at all. Is there anything in the settings that would make anything irreversible by simply uninstalling it in the Market?

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report. Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app?

-Is there anything in ADW that allows you to take screenshots? Or is that still only available to rooted phones?

Again, this is on a Droid X, if that matters.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:21:59 AM EST
i think thats the beautiful widgets app for the clock.

you need to reconfigure your desk top. then you can save the settings inside adw(menu , more, adw settings.

i had to prevent mine from rotating the desktop because it would force close sometimes. but it works pretty good
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:42:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I've had my Droid X for awhile now, and it still makes me feel retarded sometimes.

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)? I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared. It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. I like it. Its the default launcher for cyanogenmod.

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want? Just drag and drop your apps back from the drawer, or long press to re add widgets.

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens? Such as the "Sticky Note"? (I actually use it a lot) Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use? >menu button>settings>something>scrollable widgets should make any widget work

-Does this launcher effect battery-life? Not that i've seen, not over a stock launcher, i've found that the zeam launcher has a little better battery on some of my devices

-I know I already said I installed/uninstalled and everything went back to normal, but I didn't mess with the settings at all. Is there anything in the settings that would make anything irreversible by simply uninstalling it in the Market?

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report. Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app? Standalone, lots of versions of it, it a copy of the htc sense clock, many free versions

-Is there anything in ADW that allows you to take screenshots? Or is that still only available to rooted phones?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:00:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By xjronx:

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Anyway, anyone have experience with ADW Launcher (the free version, if that matters)? I just installed it from the Market, and all of my icons, shortcuts, etc, disappeared. It freaked me out, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. I like it. Its the default launcher for cyanogenmod.

-Assuming all of my stuff disappearing is normal, is it just a matter of setting up your homescreens again, by adding the shortcuts you want? Just drag and drop your apps back from the drawer, or long press to re add widgets.

-Can you still add all of the standard widgets/shortcuts/whatever to your homescreens? Such as the "Sticky Note"? (I actually use it a lot) Or are there ADW-specific ones you have to use? >menu button>settings>something>scrollable widgets should make any widget work

-Does this launcher effect battery-life? Not that i've seen, not over a stock launcher, i've found that the zeam launcher has a little better battery on some of my devices

-Every pic I've seen of ADW Launcher shows a huge clock with integrated weather report. Is that something that comes with it, or a standalone app? Standalone, lots of versions of it, it a copy of the htc sense clock, many free versions

Pretty much this. I use the ADW EX Launcher (paid) with beautiful widgets (paid) apps.

I like it! No you cannot take a screenshot with it without having your device rooted.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:35:21 AM EST
OK, thanks for the info. I'll take another stab at it today. Seeing all of my stuff disappear freaked me out. I guess I was assuming it would transfer all of my homescreen stuff over.

Top Top