Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Praise God.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I love Ten Commandments displays. It pisses off all the lousy people.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not surprising that this woudl have been overturned on appeal.

The Supreme Court recently rules (last month) I believe that 10 commandements monuments inside courthouses in Kentucky were in fact unconstitutional, BUT they did allow a similar monument in Texas, because it had been in a location for over 40 years and was on the grounds, not inside the courthosue IIRC - so I guess it was kind of like "In God We Trust" on the money - okay because of the historical context.

Since this particular case was about a monument in an innocuous position, and had been there for 40 years as well - I'm not surprised it was overturned on appeal.

(In fact, had the Kentucky and Texas decisions been sooner - the ACLU might not even have bothered filing this case, because it is so similar to the Texas case).
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh, it shouldn't even BE a federal court issue.  The monument is on state property.  If the state constitution doesn't indicate it as a no-no then it should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Good!

Fuck the ACLU!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top