Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 11:23:46 AM EDT
A Donald Trump supporter in Texas has paid for a billboard attacking ABC News for its coverage of alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
“I grew up with you. We are through. The Russians didn’t elect Donald Trump. I did,” the billboard reads.
View Quote
MAGA!

ABC billboard
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck'n A!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
That should twist a few lefty nipples.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
It refreshes me to see more people who openly despise the media.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#5]
He must be a young guy - The MSM has been feckless for at least half a century.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It was on the news yesterday. They did a interview with him. Middle aged business owner. MAGA!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had the money for my own sign
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wonder if we could pull off a crowd fund.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I actually thought about that too, before now.

One of our biggest problems is a lack of a media platform willing to promote conservative views.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
The gig is up. I won't watch the news or give any credence to anything they report.

I get all my news here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One of our biggest problems is a lack of a media platform willing to promote conservative views.
View Quote
Would be interesting seeing how many would allow something like that to go up on their billboards.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I drove by it yesterday..  was going to stop and take a pic but I was in a hurry..
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I smell desperation......

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will contribute without hesitation.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not just us right wing tinfoilers anymore

Even my 72 year old mom has stated her contempt for the MSM and it's agenda.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wonder if we can send him money to add our names to the billboard.  Maybe we can do a group buy on a Fuck CNN or Wapo  billboard.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#18]
That's one way to get your point out MAGA
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
It always cracks me up when I see people post threads on here along the lines of "CBS (or ABC or the Clinton News Network or MSDNC, whatever) ran an ANTI-GUN hit piece!!!"

It's like they're actually SHOCKED AND SURPRISED by this.

And I'm like, "Ummm, hello?  Where the fuck have you BEEN for the last 50 years?"

It's just funny to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
How much are these? Seriously considering it. Why not make it a thing? The media attacks everyone at home, on their phones, etc... why can't we do the same but when people are stuck in traffic?

I really like this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're surprisingly cheap. It's the printing and graphics that cost, not the sign rental.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck'n A!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC clear channel owns the largest number if road signs in the country. Not exactly a liberal outfit.

Eta I think the other big player is CBS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Not the first time for Texas.  From 2001 -

A bad weekend for Peter Jennings in Dallas. As he showed on Monday's World News Tonight, a man who considered media coverage to be "unpatriotic" curtly chided Jennings: "Nobody likes you." That rebuke aired about 24 hours after Jennings, moderating a TV panel program on the local ABC affiliate, had the tables turned on him as he was hit with complaints about his September 11 on-air remarks.

WFAA-TV showcased a letter in which a viewer charged: "With the most horrific attack upon the United States since Pearl Harbor unfolding before our very eyes, Mr. Jennings sees fit to bash the Bush administration."

Jennings anchored the November 19 World News Tonight from Dallas as part of a series of stops around the country to look at the post-September 11 mood. For the last story of the program Jennings relayed the opinions he gathered over the weekend during Sunday's tailgate party before the Dallas Cowboys football game. He didn't fare as well as President Bush and Jennings deserves credit for being willing to highlight displeasure with the media and himself. He observed:
"The President's approval rating is high in his home state."
Man: "George Bush, so far, has done an unbelievable job."
Jennings: "Many of us in the media don't get the same high marks."
Jennings to a second man: "Can you tell me how the mood is in Dallas these days."
The second man: "Nobody likes you."
Jennings summarized his beef: "This man told us our reporting in these days is unpatriotic and cannot help the nation get back to business."

Later in the same day as the man castigated him, Jennings moderated a WFAA-TV special about media coverage of terrorism. He soon faced questions about how he treated President Bush in the hours after the terrorist attacks.

Jim Romenesko's MediaNews (http://www.poynter.org/medianews) on Monday highlighted a November 19 Dallas Morning News story about the November 18 panel show. An excerpt from the story by reporter Ed Bark:

ABC anchor Peter Jennings and four local journalists put their news judgments on the line Sunday evening in a live telecast that gave consumers a chance to question the barrage of coverage sent their way since Sept. 11.

Titled Covering Terrorism: Critiquing the Media, the one-hour program was produced by ABC affiliate WFAA-TV (Channel 8) and originated from that station's Dallas studios.

Mr. Jennings mostly moderated give-and-take among 12 questioners and a panel made up of Channel 8 anchor John McCaa; Robert W. Mong Jr., president and editor of The Dallas Morning News; KERA-TV (Channel 13) news director Yolette Garcia; and WBAP-AM (820) talk-show host Mark Davis.

Mr. Jennings came under sharp scrutiny himself, however, after Channel 8 surprised him by bridging a commercial break with videotape of the ABC anchor wondering about President Bush's whereabouts on the day of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The excerpt, played "unbeknownst to me," Mr. Jennings said, was followed by in-studio questioning from Craig Stambaugh of Arlington, who had criticized the anchor in a letter to The News that also was excerpted on Sunday's program.

"With the most horrific attack upon the United States since Pearl Harbor unfolding before our very eyes, Mr. Jennings sees fit to bash the Bush administration," Mr. Stambaugh had written in part to The News.

Mr. Jennings agreed that a "number of people took objection" to his remarks, in which he asked on the air, "Where is the president of the United States?...I know we don't know where he is, but pretty soon the country needs to know where he is."

His comments were "in no way intended to question his [Mr. Bush's] actions," Mr. Jennings said, but rather to express "how important it was for all of us in the country to see the president."

Most of the panelists sided with him, although WBAP's Mr. Davis said the timing of the anchor's remarks was questionable. He said Mr. Jennings seemed to be implying that President Bush was foundering in the early hours of a crisis situation....

END of Excerpt

https://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/cyberalert-11202001-doonesbury-had-bush-thanking-terrorists#1
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]
INb4 ABC claims RUSSIA paid for the billboard.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Google leads me to believe that he paid between $1000 and $5000.

Really not that bad for a big FUCK YOU to the media.  OTOH, who owns the billboards?  Is the money still going to liberals?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.  But now, more people than ever know it.  And people are actually fighting back by paying for billboards instead of just whining about it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How much are these? Seriously considering it. Why not make it a thing? The media attacks everyone at home, on their phones, etc... why can't we do the same but when people are stuck in traffic?

I really like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I really like this.
@burnprocess

Billboard Advertising Costs

In my home city of Boston (Go Sox!), bulletins range from $11,000 - $23,000 per 4 weeks.

In sunny San Diego, bulletins range from $8,400 - $15,000 per 4 weeks.

In Midwestern Milwaukee, bulletins range from $3,000 - $4,000 per 4 weeks.

To most small business owners and entrepreneurs, this is a lot of money-- money that could be better spent on SEO, upgrading a product, or even buying a branded car.

But, sometimes the money works out. If you’re willing to spend roughly $1,000 to gain a customer, a billboard makes sense. A billboard can benefit businesses that sell truly mass market consumer products (things everybody needs like cars or insurance).
source: http://grasshopper.com/blog/billboards-for-small-businesses-7-reasons-to-think-twice/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't matter that he likely already thought the msm was full of shit, the point is that the reader might not have realized until recently.  It's a public statement discrediting ABC and planting little seeds of doubt in the minds of the low information voters.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#32]
So much winning.

It hurts so good!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn, the precision on the Spokane impression count, I'm impressed. Do they just have a dude standing there counting eyes as they go by?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
 While true, the out and out completely biased reporting against Republicans and conservatives from all the networks all the time. Didn't get into swing until the 80's.

Katie Curic and Matt (whatever) for NBC were the first to display total biased displeasure to the results of the presidential election.

From then on, no holds barred when attacking the GOP or conservatives.

Their thought process is being unbiased doesn't matter anymore. They are not journalist anymore. They are the "shaper" of the news. It says what they think it should say.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Ohhh is he gonna git a what for.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#38]
bump for more signage
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:48:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A Donald Trump supporter in Texas has paid for a billboard attacking ABC News for its coverage of alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
“I grew up with you. We are through. The Russians didn’t elect Donald Trump. I did,” the billboard reads.
View Quote
MAGA!

ABC billboard
View Quote

Saw it on the news yesterday. Need one in every town, village, city, and crossroad. One day they'll get the message, maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top