Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 4:32:03 AM EDT
I just stole this from BH.  Fax away please.  Only 41 people responded to the earlier request.  That is out of about 20,000 people here and however many people read BH.
---

Just got this e-mail from Barry Laws.

One of the people that was there today ( Dione ) sent him a e-mail with this, only 3 people showed up to support AB2222. Koretz, Diaz and someone from the Trauma Center named Andre Soto. They were of course telling their lies.

Apparently Jay La Suer tore the bill up in their faces, showing his opposition to AB2222 BUT it's not over yet! It will be voted on next Tuesday, so this is what everyone on BH needs to do. Fax a letter to the Safety Committee HQ line and not to them personally, I found out this is where the count came from.

Here is the fax # for everyone [b](916)319-3745[/b], this is it folks your chance to get another letter in. If you wish to send a letter of thanks to Jay La Suer, his fax # (916)319-2177.

As a final note one of the co-sponsors (Fred Keeley)took his name off the bill.

I know most people can't stand all the BS that gets passed here in Kali but remember it can happen where you live. Best I can say is send a letter NOW! It might save your .50 in the long run.

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not over yet and has been extended to 4-23.  I still have a feeling the Caliban are block voting, but we shall see soon.

Looks like we made a HUGE impression on the members of the Public Safety Committee. More arguments for and against the proposed ban on
50 Calibers was heard today. A final committee vote has been postponed until April 23rd. John Burtt of FCSPI.org was there today, along with
many others (see below) and he will be going back up to Sacramento next week to see this thing through. We ask your help one more time:

After reading the updates below, Please, Send One last fax to

Assembly Public Safety Committee.
fax # 916 319 3745
(Add verbiage similar to this to your brief letter:  "PLEASE COUNT THIS
LETTER AS AN OPPOSITION TO AB2222 FOR YOUR NEXT MEETING")

Please as a minimum send this one fax.  I suggest 14-16 pt font. They are simply "counting" now, and we don't want them to miss the point of our
letter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just stole this from BH.  
View Quote

What is BH?

I'm glad to see Armalite taking an actve role in the fight. Of course if they lowered their prices on AR50's more people would have a vested interest in fighting this ban.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
BH is Biggerhammer.  [url]www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard[/url]

The price isn't that extreme. You can pick one up for under than 2 prebans.  Some people on here have a couple prebans, postbans, 308 rifles etc...  
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BH is Biggerhammer.  [url]www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard[/url]

The price isn't that extreme.
View Quote

The price of .50's is artificially inflated by the manufacturers. The AR50 is not a complicated design, they sell for at least 3 times what they should.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Apparently Jay La Suer tore the bill up in their faces, showing his opposition to AB2222...

...As a final note one of the co-sponsors (Fred Keeley)took his name off the bill.
View Quote

Interesting.  Jay is my MAN in spite of that potato gun ban he submitted (then withdrew) earlier this year.

I called all of the Assembly PSC members' offices yesterday morning to reiterate my opposition to AB2222.  Keeley's staffer told me Fred was presently UNDECIDED on the bill.

Good work, but it ain't over yet.  Not by a long shot!

[50]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I FAXed all the committee members a few days before the 16th and I sent another FAX to the committee at (916) 319-3745 a few minutes ago.

How do you go about getting your opinion on the official record?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top