Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 9:26:40 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Advanced Armament Corp. supressors? I am particularly interested in their M9-SD and Evolution 9mm supressors. Can anyone tell me if these products live up to the stats Advanced Armament has on their website, and if they are worth the price? Have you heard positive things about this company and their products? I would appreciate whatever info you could provide. Thanks.

Glockguy40

Evolution 9mm

Technical Information
  Evolution-9
O.A. Length 7.4 in (188mm)
Diameter 1.25 in (32mm)
Weight 9.5 oz (269g)
Degree of Suppression -34dB (Dry) -40dB (wet)
Construction Materials Stainless Steel and Aluminum
Standard Finish Flat Black
Retail Price $695.00

M9-SD

Technical Information
Caliber 9mm
O.A. Length 7.1 in (180mm)
Diameter 1.25 in (32mm)
Weight 7.0 oz (200gm)
Degree of Suppression -32dB (Dry) -40dB (H20)
Construction Materials 6061-T6 Aluminum and 304 Stainless Steel
Standard Finish Matte Black Anodize
Retail Price Silencer
(includes night sight) $695.00

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here.  Look at every thread on the first 5 pages.  Then ask.  
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=14
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
"As one of the founders in the suppressor manufacturing industry has stated, this industry's credibility on this issue has become a joke. Putting honest sound levels in print, does nothing but set the company up for someone unscrupulous to use our numbers as a starting point for their fabrications. We do not put dB figures in print, as pinning yourself down to an honest result when less scrupulous or less equipped/educated manufacturers simply fabricate data to say they are 1 to 5 dB quieter. Someone will just believe it because it was printed or appeared on the internet."

The owner of the company Kevin B has be known to be quite shady. I heard many, many stories about the guys shady dealings and fucking over people who didn't jump threw his hoops just the way he wanted when doing custom work. As far as the dB ratings on his guns. They aren't accurate. The equiptment he uses was last reported to be "unservicable."

On the other hand, I shot a suppressed P7 last weekend with an AAC silencer on it and it was quiet. You just never can tell if it is as quiet as the website says since you probably don't have access to dB level testing equipment.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
AAC makes damn good cans from what I've heard.  But I have no personal experience with any of them larger than .22 cal.  Really ask over on the M16 forum, you'll get more answers.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got four AAC cans and like them all.  I own a Tactical for my Mark 23, a Phantom I use on my USP9SD and Colt 635 upper (on my M16), a M4-2000 for my 223 uppers, and a Pilot on a Walther P22.  I have no complaints with any of my AAC cans.  I highly recomend them!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I own two AAC cans, a M4-2000 for my ARs and a cyclone for my .308 bolt guns.  Overall I am very satisfied with the cans but I don't have any experience with their pistol cans.  Their office is only 5 miles away and I bought from AAC partly to support a local business.  It also made the paperwork easier and I got some help with the CLEO signoff, which is a problem here in Gwinnett County.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top