Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2001 5:51:37 AM EST
Here's the scoop: I got an email yesterday about a really good job offer... I tried to call back several times, left a message... But no response! Then this morning I call and talk to the guy for 45 minutes... He says they'll call back with an offer later today or this evening... Aagghhh! The suspense is freakin' killing me! It's a Product Development position for a company in Florida... I'll tell you guys who later... Just had to tell someone. Sorry guys. I'll relax now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:56:56 AM EST
Good luck. I am in the same boat. Just finished the last of 6 interviews for a position. Now I have to wait until Thursday afternoon Friday morning to see the results. The wait is the worse part of the entire process.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:36:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2001 6:32:44 AM EST by havoc]
Thanks, WMmitty, and good luck to you, also. Feels like I'm just sitting here, waiting for the phone to ring...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:45:10 AM EST
I have been job hunting now for (4) months. I can tell you waiting is a big part of it. I was told by a recruiter ( civilian head hunter ) that most compnay's will not even acknowledge the reciept of your resume unless they are really intersted in you. Gone are the days when you would recieve a rejection letter. Now you don't even know if the employer received your resume. ( I have only had a 5% acknowledgement from the resumes I sent out. ) I was also told that alot of company's hold the favorable resumes for a time and wait to see if the applicant calls THEM. This is especially true in sales, marketing and similar postions where independence and initiative are a plus. havoc, If you called and got through to the employer I'd say you're now on the "A" list. If you don't hear back in 48 hours I would call again. Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:47:24 AM EST
Top Top